Sunday, November 18, 2007

Spank this Male Nurse

Male nurses are a welcome face in the hospital these days.

Though still relatively uncommon in most areas, their numbers are growing steadily by the day. Not that I don't value the great nurses that I have but I gotta say ( hopefully without seeming overly gender-biased ) that it's quite a relief to finally have that much-needed injection of testosterone in the overwhelmingly female culture of the wards.

Trust me, there can be too much oestrogen sometimes.

And did I mention a handful of the male nurses are quite ... a handful themselves. I mean, we all know a delicious specimen down under named Jon, don't we?

Latin
Reporting for duty, sir!

Hypothetically speaking of course :P But let's try Bend-Over Ben. Sweet-faced male nurse ( hunka-burning love! ) that just started his rotation a month ago but boy, he's been making quite an impression. Friendly enough fella, helluva enthusiastic and ever-ready to lend a hand in whatever procedures we're doing.

Of course I've been teasing him ( hypothetically! ) in the wards whenever I see him -- possibly amounting to sexual harassment ( still hypothetically! ) - but he hasn't complained. Lately, he even seems increasingly eager to join in the fun.

Ben : I've done the suctioning for the patient.
Paul : No doubt, I'm sure you're excellent at the suck and drip method.
Ben : Uhh... I am? T-the patient has quite good gag reflex this morning.
Paul : I'm sure that's gonna put a crimp on his social life.

His face was as red as a beetroot but that was his first week at work. Certainly improved on his snappy comeback the week after.

Paul : I think it's time for a PR.
Ben : A per rectal? I'll get myself ready in a sec.
Paul : Well, if it's you who's asking for the PR, I'm gonna need more than a while.
Ben : It's my first time but I'm sure you'll be gentle with me, Dr Paul.

Embarassingly enough I think I might have blushed myself. These days it's become almost a routine to trade repartee in the mornings during rounds.

Paul : What you planning to do there? That's a pretty large syringe you got there, Ben.
Ben : Thanks for the compliment. Sometimes size does matter after all.

Of course these are all figments of my fertile imagination - especially if someone at work read this. Still it has made my days at work that much more interesting.

10 comments:

Ryan said...

I am so gonna consider to get my second degree in medical and work in the hospital!

ikanbilis said...

rather than getting degree in medical, i would want to be the next patient, please =)

Cyclohelix said...

the doc is in da mood :)

Jason said...

Spank them yet? :P

Ganymede said...

*gasp!

I should have taken nursing!

Anonymous said...

YOU SHAMELESS HUSSY!!!

ROTFLMAO!!

William said...

How ambiguously playful!

Anonymous said...

Damn Paul! How do you do it. Daily updates i mean.
After my daily dose of sevo i'm too tired to even study let alone have a social life and write about it. Your an inspiration to us all!

coolgardy said...

Bad Doctor...

savante said...

Good God, don't even think about it, ryan!

That would be easier, ikanbilis :P

I'm always in da mood, helix.

Will save that for later - and keep the deets to myself, jason.

You would fit in with the rest, queer rant :P

Shameless I know! I couldn't help it, tjay.

And so fun, believe me, william.

No wonder you're called xenon!

We can't be good all the time, coolgardy :P

Paul