Friday, November 02, 2007

What's Your Flava

I see people in colours and sounds.

No worries, I'm not turning psychic. Nor am I gonna get all flighty new-agey, set up a mystical pay-per-booth and make unsubstantiated claims about seeing radiant multi-hued auras around my clients. I can't do that ( though I've actually tried a shot of my aura before ).

It's just that I associate certain colours and sounds with certain people - and when they mess around with it, I get a lil distracted. For instance, Charming Calvin. I associate him with a lot of pastel baby blues and light khakis. Not sure why, perhaps it's the colour our reserved fellow wears most often. And the man croons weepy, sentimental Mandarin torch songs late into the night.

Colours
Hmmm... is this my colour?

Jaunty Jared though appears in sombre darker browns and navy blues with the occasional black - and the man jives to the rhythm of hip hop lite - or what I'd call Elliott Yamin style :)

So when Strapping Shane announced that he was changing blog templates ( and you know for us obsessive bloggers, it's right up there with an amendment of the constitution ), I found myself wondering what colour he was. Certainly not the bold pink and cool greys that he saw himself as! Perhaps Carrie Bradshaw but not Shane - just a tad too la-di-da cosmopolitan sophisticate for him. Nor his second choice of drippy sky blues and dull chestnuts. Wallflower nerd please! Shane is anything but sombre and pale.

In fact, I actually saw him in vivid mossy greens and slate browns with some bright peach orange mixed in. Borderlne psychotic combination, I know. :) And he disagreed vehemently associating those colours with rabid tree-hugging conservationists and runaway forest elves.

Told me to go try my colour ju-ju on myself.

For myself, I have no idea actually. Hard to look at myself objectively but honestly I love bold, powerful maroons! Unfortunately I tried that on a blog template once and it looked as if an overfilled blood bank had imploded on the screen. Bedtime Nightmares anyone? Immediately nixed that bloodthirsty experiment.

BTW I see Shane singing weird esoteric tunes from obscure one-hit-wonders - with the occasional techno J-pop jingle.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haven't been around your blog lately but boy i am glad i dropped by again... boom! it's zac! never seen this picture before, he's so dreamy... le sigh...

Ryan said...

I was once told by a lady that I looked like orange colour. Why? She said I was friendly.

Ganymede said...

So what colour am I? I'm just dying to know. :P

Anonymous said...

I think my colour is blue, green and black. Well since those are my fave colours. Anyway, I love the Zac Efron header!!!

Janvier said...

Changing templates is never as easy as changing desktop themes! We still haven't found one that'll make us fully happy!

savante said...

Well it needed a change, mark. And I might go back to the old banner :)

Why orange? Gotta meet up with you to decide, ryan.

Definitely pink, queer rant. What other colour could you be? And cream of course.

Blue, green or black! Hence the new colorus on your blog, chase!

Ik now :) I think you've change twice in six months, janvier.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Correction: tree hugging elf on steroids. Better than your Robin Hood and the Men in Tights velvet green.

HURL!