Sunday, December 09, 2007

Get Me the Buzz

I don't drink often.

As kids, we're all curious pandoras always wanting to discover what lies hidden behind that secret door - and one of the great taboos was the vodka and gin hidden behind the uppermost cabinets. For some reason, otherwise sensible adults seem to derive an inordinate amount of pleasure from imbibing the noxious solution ( clearly engineered to achieve insensibility! ) that it seems clear that we should all partake of a sip as well.

Of course that first taste is always memorable! Clearly remember mine even more than a decade past - the bitter aftertaste of lager at a dinner party - and then the dry painful heaves after downing one too many glasses of it.

Ugh. Till now I've never quite acquired the taste for beer.

Chris Evans
Care for a drink?

Apart from the rare ( hardly ever, I swear! ) occasions that I take to drink ( evil alcoholic ex-boyfriends aside ), I usually keep an arm's length away from alcohol. Far from any strict religious intolerance and more from a patent dislike of the booze buzz! Getting disgustingly inebriated never seemed like a worthwhile ambition for me.

And yeah, I stay away mostly because I'm usually the designated driver for reasons that simply escape me! So pardon me for the occasional alcoholic binge when I find out that I'm not driving.

So when I realized that I'd be chauffeured around for a night on the town, I immediate called for a drink at the nearest bar after a brief unappreciated victory jig. I'll readily admit that I have a penchant for girlie chi chi cocktails. Bitter lagers don't do it for me, I'm afraid! I like them sweet :)

Still... don't know whether I've become inured to drink - or whether it's been suspiciously watered down - but after a couple of cocktails and possibly half a bottle of wine, I found that I could not quite achieve that alcoholic high. So much for Cloud 9 - I wasn't even close to floating off the table! Sure there was a time when I realized that my hands were starting to tremble ( the shakes! ) but that wore off almost as soon as I dropped the bottle.

I did start imagining all sorts of nasty ( positively illegal! ) sexual positions with a certain handsome Eurasian boy on the next table.

Damn, how many bottles of wine do I need for that buzz?


Maybe this Heineken cutie could get some for me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, my eyes were on someone else at the table the other night. Older men are so much hawter than those young toyboys. :P

ethnwg said...

james marden is cute :) nice banner btw

Anonymous said...

hmmm... really curious onn how you'll be like when you're drunk :P

A Lewis said...

Little Dutch boy/Euro Cutie can do whatever he wants. Drink or no drink. I'm such a total Euro sucker (that doesn't sound quite right, does it? Or does it?)

Crazy Sam said...

I had my share of vodka last nite, but I'm too not a frequent drinker.

Loving the Chris Evans pic. :p

Ryan said...

I banned alcohol. Didn't even touched the beer. Always yucks! Why beer and alcohol when we have juices? I mean fruit juices!

But well, I try to have some beer now. And started to try some cocktails. I thought I should get drunk for once!

Janvier said...

We're interested to see just how wasted the good doctor can get too!

Anonymous said...

Well, as to the EuroAsian cutie... you know what they say Paul..

"Everyone likes a little Heinie!"

Now, ship mine to me!

Heh heh

Jason said...

We shall... make you drunk in one of these days :P

chase / chubz said...

i don't drink too. but i would love the idea of making my hubby drunk. hehehe