Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Hitched

It drizzled earlier this morning but thankfully stopped after lunch. Guess our offerings and prayers at the nearby temples worked wonders. Otherwise I'd probably turn into the male version of Bridezilla, whatever that may be. Groomzilla?

Possibly. Isn't it weird that I could be thinking of such trivial matters at such an important day? Hell, I'd been so busy fighting over the cream-coloured napkins and the calla lilies in the table settings to think about what's going to happen. Even at the last moment this morning I'd agonized over whether the gilt-edged wedding cards would be able to match the table settings, whether the guests all in soft pastels would fade out amongst the garden background making the pictures look wishy-washy. Guess it's easier to worry over whether my hyperactive nephew Raoul would fidget in his teensy gray suit ( rather adorable actually ) rather than think about what the future might bring.

Certainly easier on my blood pressure.

Zinedine did say I was insanely specific about my preferences.

A crazy perfectionist wanting everything to go smoothly despite the fact that no one would really care all that much if I actually fell flat on my face. After all I'd poured enough champagne down the guests' throats to make sure they remained happy and sloshed throughout the entire evening. By now a few would probably have started singing along to the dignified string quartet.

Though not to Ave Maria. By God, I specifically never wanted to hear that particular weepy song again. I'd probably break another ceramic vase if they started playing it. I mean what's with registering for gifts when everyone buys a vase or a kitchen appliance?

Matt Dusk
Wonder if the flowers look alright!

I hear the quartet start playing the wedding march and I stand. There's this moment of trepidation when I wondered blithely whether I'd be meeting Lou Ferrigno as the Hulk at the altar instead of my groom.

And then I wake up.

It's a freaking dream. Guess I shouldn't have spent the day trolling the malls looking for baby clothes - and I just couldn't keep my eyes off this amazingly adorable gray suit for a smart toddler. Just perfect for an early morning service at church.

Or maybe I had one too many frilly cupcakes.

Or I attended one too many weddings this weekend.

7 comments:

Ryan said...

Definitely shopping/mall hopping too much! LOL...

Ganymede said...

I think you've been inhaling too much anaesthetics. :P

Jason said...

Not enough action la. :D

Jay Antonio said...

Ave Maria is not weepy, well, if you know the meaning & there are many versions of the Ave Maria. Well, perhaps its just not your cup of tea. But it's one of my favourites.

Medie007 said...

nicey banner :P

savante said...

Definitely not enough action. But shopping, I definitely have been having enough :P

Ave maria isn't weepy, I know.. but it's overplayed at weddings, don'tcha think, jay?

Paul

Jay Antonio said...

Oh No! Ouch! That's painful! I sing Ave Maria at Weddings! Aiyoh!