Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Guy Not Taken

I'm no saint. Quite obvious that I'm far from the poster-boy for moral sanctity - especially since my neo-liberal values lie far from what the conservative religious right would consider 'proper'. Even my unconventional choice of sexual partners would no doubt have them reaching for their pitchforks and torches.

But I have some principles, fidelity being one of them. Though with recent events in my life, guess I'll have to rethink those commandments dealing with adultery again.

The rest of you must be confused as hell so let's backtrack a little for a brief history lesson. You see, way back when in 2 years BC ( coincidentally enough standing for Before Calvin ), I actually dated around and boy, do I have some horror stories. Seemed like the thing to do since Charming Calvin was dealing with various demons of his own at the time.

One of the guys I actually contemplated seeing regularly was this rather cute surgeon I knew up north I dubbed McCute. Delicious slice of manpie, I can tell ya. Certainly made up what he lacked in height with his bubbly enthusiasm for almost everything - left even me exhausted! In fact cute enough that I even had momentarily fleeting ideas of transferring to his hospital just to get to know him better.

McCute
getting to know you...

Far from a blushing bride so I made my move ( am I too aggressive? ) when I finally found my way up there. There was the usual early sparks of attraction - at least on my side - and I was never one to hide what I was feeling. No pussyfooting for me. I obviously liked what I saw - and there was no doubt I wanted to get sweaty and naked with him.

Perhaps it was far too early to ask him to my room but despite my woeful blundering, he acquiesced easily ( and surprisingly ) enough. I could practically taste the trickle of sweat on his bare back already. No doubt I'd have gotten McCute under the covers - licking my way up his naked hairless thighs...

If only my grandmother hadn't come knocking on my door.

You wouldn't believe how anticlimactic that can be to a couple of promising hard-ons. Seriously. A good lesson learnt back then - don't book a hotel suite adjoining your nosy relatives. It never serves. If they hadn't come barging in just at that moment - and I had to hastily intro the fella McCute as a physician colleague while instantly cobbling up an imaginary background for him and myself, our lives would probably have turned out far differently.

Of course, fortunately they didn't barge in ten minutes later! As our embattled local politician recently realized, getting caught in flagrante delicto wouldn't be as easy to explain to a captive audience. As it was, McCute and I kept in touch regularly enough but never had the chance to meet up with work and family getting in the way. Occasional messages. The odd phone call.

Then today I got a message from McCute out of the blue that he was in town and wanted to meet up. The road not taken suddenly beckoned.

Can I say I was sorely tempted?

15 comments:

ikanbilis said...

wow, sounds like something. he sounded like someone someone. give it a try then =)

Ganymede said...

Oooo saucy saucy raunchy raunchy.

What will you do then?

David The Man said...

Oh that was a close call! did anyone knew about it then, besides us?

Quentin X said...

Mary, Queen of Virgins, pray for us.

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

“I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I'd just been myself.”

go go go. fight fight fight doc paul!

and i want the horny, dirty details. hahaha. just kidding.

Jay Antonio said...

Hahahaha! Really Funny! Good Luck!

A Lewis said...

"I'm no Saint" reminded me of myself....not at all. Which is so ironic considering the name I chose for my website. I think that's why I chose it! And I say YES, GO FOR IT!

Jason said...

I bet that you won't dare to take him :P

Zyklon22 said...

Can you resist? The forbidden fruit is always the sweetest after all :)

Janvier said...

No more pussyfooting!...says this prude.

TJay said...

well... The question begs are you in a monogamous relationship with 'Charming'?

Are you just dating or are you planning on placing the "ring" on the third finger of his left hand?

As for relatives busting in, wow, I can relate on a few levels but I also see this in your writing as well.

TJay

Chris said...

Hi, I can't find any contacts on your blog. Can I ask you to send a note for me? My email is in profile.
Thanks, Chris

Alex said...

Gossip material... :P

D-Man said...

Well, what happened?

savante said...

I really should address this, shouldn't I - but let's do it when Calvin's not watching so closely :P