Friday, January 18, 2008

Lost in Translation

I think I might be cheating.

Or maybe not. :)

Some guys have sex buddies. Unfortunately lack of sexual pull - and a grumpy green-eyed Calvin - has left me with only flirt buddies. Don't look at me that way. You know you do it too!

There's always that guy. Inevitably someone you know - perhaps that charming colleague in the office, that funny acquiantance you met online... even that cute concierge in the lobby of the apartment building. Someone relatively intelligent, deliciously hot and infinitely dateable - but somehow or rather perfectly unavailable for some unfathomable reason.

Intentions!
OMG! Tell me this story again!

For me that guy is Big Bicep Barry. For reasons I've written about before, he remains uncomfortably distant with his innate commitment-phobia - and yet we remain friends close enough that we actually spend the time harmlessly flirting.

Like yesterday when we hid from the pouring rain in a lil seaside tavern at the Portuguese Settlement. Seriously crazy weather! Helping out one of his many business acquiantances ( he seems to have hundreds! ) with a bit of translation, he brought a copy for me to proof-read. Not sure why though since I'm not multilingual like him but it was hilarious trying to make head or tail of his valiant attempts at translating a company newsletter from English to Chinese.

Paul : You are quite the cunning linguist.
Barry : You just had to say that!
Paul : What else are you doing today? Playing naughty boss-man with your workers?
Barry : Hey I don't do that. I'm a sweet man.
Paul : Oh yeah I bet you taste that way as well.
Barry : And wouldn't you like to know? So how is the boyfriend?
Paul : Sweet as well. But not forbidden fruit like some :P
Barry : Hardly forbidden. I still have your teeth marks.

Wrong? Harmless fun? All depends on how you define adultery of course.

The Lord knows the both of us know that this is all going nowhere. After all, we drew that line in the ground a long while back and we won't be bothering with crossing that line ever. Nothing inherently naughty about it and I think he'll be astonished if anyone supposed that he was serious about it. But it's always nice to flirt a bit and laugh.

13 comments:

nyonyapenang said...

Harmless at the beginning may result in serious damage down the line. :)

Anonymous said...

Tsk. So is he straight or gay? Anyway, I thought your vice was someone you meet at christmas..

savante said...

Honestly, I don't think calvin has anything to worry about, nyonya :)

GASP. Dan, but I met no one during christmas!

Ganymede said...

Everybody flirts to a certain extend. It gives self gratification I think. I know I love it.

Which is why I'm still confused you still haven't made a move on me. :P

A Lewis said...

Flirting will keep us all young, happy, and a smile on our face. And it can definitely put some sizzle back in the bedroom. Keep it simple, and real. Don't overanalyze it. Go with it.

ikanbilis said...

fun can sometime be dangerously risky =P

dfgfgd said...

Quite the cunning linguist, am I the only one here who caught that pun to "cunnilingus", or is that just my hyperactive dirty mind playing tricks on me? Either way go for it, Paul!!!

Jason said...

Yeah right, you forgot to add in the touchy touchy part :P

Quentin X said...

Flirting is good for the soul. There's nothing like a good mental foreplay.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen the harm in flirting myself. That is as long as the person flirting with me is hot!

-C

Jay Antonio said...

Yes, flirting is fantastic! You had the opportunity & you grabbed it but no flirting after committing to McCute ya? Be a Good Boy! Hehehehe!

Andrew said...

mental foreplay. yes, yes, very important. just as important as real foreplay, i say.

does it count as cheating if you both do not mind the other having sex with another guy(s)?

p/s: it's a long distance relationship which sucks. the distance, that is. the guy is amazing.

savante said...

Made a move on ya, queer rant! Why didn't you say so! :)

THanks, lewis! Won't analyze it again. Flirt away :)

You're not attached, ikanbilis. What's wrong with a bit of flirtin.

Ah, so what happened to that colleague, ben?

I'm sure he got the pun as well, dfgfgd.

Why? You want some touchy, jason?

Mental foreplay. Love it, quentin.

Doesn't have to be that hot, christopher. But he must be witty :)

I'm a good boy, I am, jay!

Aww, shah!

Paul