Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ladies and Menhattan

Break out the Manolos, darlings. Carrie Bradshaw and company have finally arrived on these shores. But hey, please keep those condoms in your Louis Vuittons! Since it's Malaysia - and the overzealous censors have been keeping the scandalous movie under wraps for weeks, the movie's better termed as sexless in the city.

Odd considering that sex seems to abound in this city what with exploding mistresses and intern sodomy going all around - but then I guess the scissor-happy censors tend to turn a blind eye to all that. Better to keep us all innocent, docile sheep entertained with bland PG-13 stuff.



Hold it. Gotta drown my anti-censorship rage with a sip from my Cosmo. And maybe a NSFW shot of the single sexy hunk at the end of the post.

Still it was nice trading quips over cocktails with my four gals from Sex and the City all together again - despite the fact that I had to sit through an hour of champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries before the movie started. Though I imagined the premiere to be full of sexy singletons in heels looking for labels or love, there were a surprising number of men quite as madly in love with gals.

And not all raging homosexuals with a shoe fetish as you might have imagined.

I might have been the only guy in heels an inch thick though. Blame it on my new leather half boots! But everyone only had their eyes for Carrie Bradshaw's sinfully sexy heels as she strutted about New York looking all flirty, fabulous and forty. How not to look radiant when the ultimate single gal's about to tie the knot with Mr Big in a delicious Vivienne Westwood gown. With the biggest closet ever for her trousseau. At long last.

For those expecting a splashy summer blockbuster ( such as the dozens of disappointed critics ), you'd be sorely disappointed. But if you're looking for another dinner date with the foursome to catch up on their busy lives over cosmos, then this could be the ticket. See Charlotte with her new husband and Asian Lily, Miranda bringing up baby in Brooklyn and yes, Samantha Jones trying her best not to vamp it up for her sexy neighbour Dante. For a guy who's practically grown up with them ever since he caught them late nights on HBO... well you can be sure I showed up on time all dressed in their signature pink.

Of course I forgot to mention a certain other friend of mine who's similarly obsessed. Since he only made it only at the last minute, I didn't catch sight of my ISO walking in till just before the lights dimmed in the cinema.

Paul : WTF.
My ISO : Did you think I wouldn't be here?
Paul : How did you get in?
My ISO : I screwed around to get tickets.
Paul : Liar!
My ISO : Who's that you're with?
Paul : Sis-in-law.
My ISO : Hmm. So no sex and the city in the men's room after?
Paul : Get me the shoe closet first.
My ISO : Call me Mr Big first.

Reason enough to hurry out of the cinema in my slippery heels! Fortunately I didn't reenact the same infamous Carrie stumble ( fashion roadkill! ) on the runway.

Gilles Marini
Sizzling Dante tempting our shockingly monogamous Samantha Jones!

But hellfire, with all the censorhip going on I never did get to see Dante's pitchfork!

Thank God for youtube.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo to censorship! Dante's pitchfork was pokin'!

__S.B__ said...

SJP is about 46years old, i love the show :):)

Glog said...

Sex in the City was something I grew up with... back in the days of my desperate discovery of my sexuality...
And it came back to haunt me ...
It feels like high school again...
And I love it...

[chocoley] said...

boo to censorship? really? sike --> how are ye doin?

nase said...

well, it's Malaysia the Bolehland of wonders. For me, Samanta's the reason why I watch Sex In The City!

Dave said...

Oh no...you shd have catched Sex and the City in Singapore. Not only you will be rewarded with Dante's deck, but also 2 man to man kissing scenes...

Too bad the movie was edited in S'pore for a lower rating. Didn't get to see the full hot sex between Dante and his female partner...

Nevertheless, the 4 golden girls are the reason why i watch it over and over again...

savante said...

Thank God for youtube then, freshmess :)

Wonder whetehr they'd come up with another sequel, sb.

Grew up with it too. So nice to see them again, glog.

Doing okay, dazedblu!

For me, I've always loved Charlotte York, nase :)

Will wait for the DVD for sure, dave.

Paul

mrs phillippe said...

SATC was great for me, to see all the gals again on big screen was a delight. And Dante, OMG he was so delicious, there was a shower scene with a peek on his ****, how much did the Msian cinemas censored? I knew I had to watch it on DVD, no regrets bout it thee hee...