Wednesday, August 06, 2008

That Steamroller

I hate surprises.

You'd all guess by now that most physicians are just a tad anal-retentive. Usually when the day starts I've already outlined a general plan for the day - with a couple ( hundred? ) of contingency plans ready to suit almost every eventuality. Short of an unexpected quake. With a pretty flexible schedule that changes by the minute, it's hard to predict what's going to happen - and yet I always have something prepared right up my sleeve.

Don't like to be caught unawares - so ask me at any given moment what I'm gonna be doing later - and usually I'll have some vague idea.

Not that I'll ever tell.

Usually when asked for a general opinion on my next move amongst my group of friends, I usually remain uncharacteristically silent. Even plead some degree of himbo-like indecision rather than speak what's on my mind.

Friend : What do you wanna do?
Paul : Uhh.. don't know.
Friend : Where do you wanna go?
Paul : Uhh.. not sure.
Friend : Who do you wanna see?
Paul : Uhh.. don't know.

Surprised? Don't be.

Indecision
Indecision!

Of course sometimes I really have to bite my tongue when the rest of the group remains maddeningly indecisive. You'll see it often enough!

Friend : We don't know what to do either.
Friend 2 : Should we have lunch first? Or take in a movie?
Friend : Don't know. Maybe have drinks?
Friend 2 : Maybe. Karaoke? What lunch?
Paul : FUCK! Make up yor mind dammit before I take off your heads!

It's self preservation honestly. I know better than to decide. If I had to make all the decisions, I'd be worst than a steamroller. Just give me an inch and I'd probably roll all over you - and probably make all the decisions thereafter! Yes, I'm a monstrous control freak. Love holding the reins unfortunately!

Just don't tell my friends.

5 comments:

Pike-chan said...

HAHAHAHAA.... i think someone needs to take up the leading role.... else it will be like a bunch of lost sheeps..

Jaded Jeremy said...

Ahhh I see Derek has competition. He's go like "Shall we call for the bill?" and before anyone can blink, he has waved for the waiter to come over. Or classic case (as can be attested by people here) is, "Can I try some of what you're having?" and before you can breath, he'll already have taken some. Ok, maybe the latter example not relevant haha.

Annie said...

HA! *high 5* Paul!! You and I should always be in a group then. When a group of girls can't make up their minds, I simply start walking..hahahahaha... They ask me, "Where are you going?" I answer, "To the pub at the corner.. when you make up your minds, come get me."

Anonymous said...

It's great that you're still able to restraint yourself. Me? I steamroller my friends all the time, unconsciously ^^ Thanks gods that they're mostly the submissive type LOL

savante said...

Wish they'd know that, pikey :P

Well, time's a-wasting and we gotta get moving, jeremy :)

Definitely, annie. I have very little patience as well.

Gotta find more submissive types then, lada hitam!

paul