Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Wild Brunch

The glamourous Upper East Siders might party all night - waving their hands up in the air shaking their derriere - but they certainly don't waste precious time dreaming after when waking life is so much better! Why laze in bed till noon when there's gossip to be made?

Seriously. Who better to emulate? The gals and I don't do lazy weekends either. So what if you're post-call? So what if you just rolled out of bed after a late night? Certainly no excuse. Breakfast is brunch and it comes with a dress code, drinks and the Lushes.

Eventhough I might have gotten a mild hangover from the night before. Add sangria to a lil vodka afterward and I get the sniffles again.

Chuck Bass
Damn. I need my caffeine!

So the Lushes and I caught up over pancakes, bacon and barrels of coffee. You know doctors love their eye-opener caffeine shots! Fabulous Fiona gave a quick rundown on the fashion flirt event the night before while Statuesque Sarah caught us up on her desperate search for the perfect examination heels.

Forget about last minute mugging. Come on, you know a pair of slinky Manolos would just about guarantee a distinction during a viva! Think about a Basic Instinct femme fatale criss-crossing her legs during questioning. No red-blooded heterosexual male could possibly think about the oxygen cascade or hemoglobin compounds at that moment.

Unless you get someone like me during the exam of course.

Sarah : Oh, could you rephrase the question? Oh wait, I need to lace my lovely shoes.
Paul : Alright. Do it.
Sarah : Umm... aren't you feeling anything?
Paul : Sorry no. Now tell me about antihypertensives.
Sarah : Oh look. A Chris Evans lookalike is cleaning the windows shirtless.
Paul : Oh.
Sarah : Antihypertensives are a group of...
Paul : Whatever. You did well. You may leave. I think I see a dirty spot on the windows.

Come on. Won't you take a look as well? Whoever said that good looks doesn't matter needs a rethink.

Me, I told them the woeful tale about Charming Calvin extending his trip to Beijing for yet another month. But that wasn't the biggest shocker of the morning. Our usually prudent Shameless Shalom purchased a cutesy bag ( looks like a genuine Radley! ) on sheer impulse. I don't know which one of us was the most astonished!

Guess the shopaholic Lushes are rubbing off on her.

And our early brunch got us talking about travelling. Who knows, we might be having brunch in Bali one of these days!

5 comments:

Prash said...

Can I join you guys for the Brunch in Bali ? :-)

Medie007 said...

wwa
like tat also can

Mr.D said...

me love brunches..:P

Unknown said...

Chris Evans cleaning ur window? whr? i also wan go see. haha

savante said...

Sure you can, prash. Book your tics now! :)

Of course la can, ah bong. So dress well.

So do I, darren. Not too early though!

I'd be taking pics if I could, aaron.

Paul