Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Berbuka Puasa

After a week or two of contemplating, today I decided to take the plunge with my ISO and brave the crazed insanity of Ramadan by fighting my way into one of those infamous break of fast buffets. Just to satisfy our rampant curiosity after hearing one too many adverts deliberately touting the delicious feast of neverending goodies awaiting us at the restaurants nearby.

Seriously. How could we resist?

Though we huddled with the rest of the anxious patrons twiddling our thumbs waiting for the break of fast, we weren't exactly part of the hungry crowd. After all, the last time I fasted was that time we camped together as scouts and got lost in the woods - not deliberately! - for several hours. After that one time, all bets were off and we don't even fast during Lent.

My ISO : It's nice waiting.
Paul : Shaking our legs counting the seconds.
My ISO : Waiting for the call to prayer.
Paul : I hear the veal sauerkraut calling my name.
My ISO : I'll race you for it.

Well I never said we were famous for denying ourselves.

So we crumbled after five seconds of waiting and stole away to pile our plates high with the food readily available - at least ten minutes before the actual break of fast. Much to the envy - and endless enmity - of our neighbours still busy watching the clock.

Which was a fortunate thing.

Buffet
The real buffet

Since our breaking the rules of fasting surely contravened some divine law because all hell literally broke loose after!

You know the beginning of the Amazing Race where everyone breaks into a maddened sprint for the main gate? Well the same thing happened here except the folks running amuck are armed with plates and forks. And with a far more dangerous glint in their hunger-stricken eyes.

Hell, I'm standing aside.

11 comments:

Alex said...

I'll have that hot guy in the tub please!

ikanbilis said...

lol. and how was the food?

ABC123 said...

'envy and endless enmity...'

Paul, you better avoid those hunger-stricken people that are armed with plates and forks next time :p. Who knows whether they might turn you into their meal or not. :p When zealots are hungry, they can be extremely nasty and wild. Please be careful next time. ;p You know that I mean something else. *winks*

Yes, you have found the real buffet! Haha

Chris said...

Hmm... sometimes the foods r very sweet.

Ryan said...

You standing aside? That's so not you! Thought you'll use your evil stare to fight back, no?!

Fable Frog said...

Ya i agree with ryan, i don't think you are the 'step aside' guy, you'll probably trip those hunger stricken people~ with plate crashing onto the floor~

ooooo nice banner btw~

Twilight Man said...

Why no one ever suspected that you were beneath the floating fruits & torso?

Perky said...

Lol! Which is why I stay away from those break of fast buffets! ;)

[chocoley] said...

Shet! Paul tht guys is so awesome.. drooling XD

Is yer banner Takeshi Kaneshiro?

savante said...

You already have a hot guy in the tub, matuatama :)

The food was delish, ikanbilis!

Well I can be mean enough, looi!

I try to stay away from the desserts and the dates, chris. Anyhow like any true chinaman, I only go for the worth it stuff :P

Keep my evil stare for worthwhile causes, frog and ryan :)

Wish I was diving under for fruit, twilight!

But you must at least go once, perky!

And yeah, it is takeshi, dazedblu.

P

Mr.D said...

I think trying something new is always interesting. Maybe i should try puasa instead. Hehe