Monday, September 22, 2008

Bowtie Boys

Pretty sure the waiters at Alexis had a good chuckle last night when a bunch of boys ( I'm using the term loosely! ) obediently marched in two rows right into their cafe - all dressed suspiciously in matching bow ties though in varying orders of respectability with one opting for a black Minnie Mouse bow pinned to the arse. And quite another with a sad excuse for a bow tie made out from cheap pink crepe :p

I'd have been worried that a Bowtie Boy gang fresh out from the local seminary ( away from the auspices of Miss Clavel ) had come for an attack of tiramisu.

But it was the birthday of a certain taciturn fellow we've christened Mr Nipples ( for quite obvious reasons ). Our Genial Graham was having his day and we were all there to celebrate with the theme of bowties. You know gay boys and their party themes.

So much for looking dashing though. Been a while since I tied one on - did a helluva crummy job on my old one - so much so that I had to rely on a ready-tied. Just as well since it turns out I wasn't the only one. Unfortunately there were a few who chose to flout the dress code. Cruel and unusual punishment awaits.

Perhaps a black bow painted in permanent marker on their foreheads?

Justin Timberlake
Getting ready!

Unfortunately the host - our multi-personality Janvier ( hence making it quite impossible to tack an alliterative adjective for him ) - remained placidly calm despite such unprecedented sartorial mutiny. Frankly I'd have expected his evil side Soldat to surface.

Paul : I think his multiple personalities are warring inside in hidden rage. Kinda crouching puppet, hidden janvier.
Lex : They were stuck in a jam. That's why they were late.
Paul : Stuck in a jam? Janvier and Graham Nipples. Ohhh. Hmm. They're forgiven then.

After all, we certainly wouldn't mind getting stuck in that particular jam :) Certainly put them in a good mood.

But as usual, our Janvier remained generous as ever with drinks served all around. For some of us it was already our fourth round! Once soused however Jaunty Jared turned bitchy - that boy should stay away from drinks and sushi! Zany Zinedine remained bitchy as ever - while Lanky Lex turned into a whole barrel of fun. Now that's a guy I vote to be permanently drunk. :P

Me, I just got sleepy and sneezy.

11 comments:

Alice said...

A birthday bash with a group of sophisticated friends with various personalities! So much better then a football match! Ha ha

Mr.D said...

You guys sure have quirky ways of celebrating birthdays. Hope i can join in one day. Hehe

nase said...

What an ecletic bunch of zany people! Honestly speaking, I have never done a bow tie before. Oh wait, I had! During my kindergarten days, we were wearing these maroon red bow ties to kindergarten!

Alex said...

I'm always fun, excuse me. Luckily I don't need to tie a bowtie :P

ABC123 said...

'cruel and unusual punishment awaits...'

Lol Paul. ;p I shall refrain my thoughts from wandering too far. Why not try whipping them with a deadly whip? That ought to teach them a fatal lesson. >:-D

Again, the post was absolutely funny. :D A Minnie Mouse bow pinned to the arse. :O I need pictures. I cannot imagine one now. Lol!

savante said...

Eh, why football match, leo!

Well quirky strokes for odd folks, darren.

OMG! Same here, I donned a bow tie in med school and couldn't recall how to tie one recently, nase. Almost had to refer to a guide.

Definitely more fun when you're drunk, lex darlin.

Pictures! I so wish they had punishment instituted. That would have been more fun, looi!

P

Legolas said...

Is it wrong to dream of a Blair Waldorf fabulosity birthday party? Not the latest disastrous one where she invited Lord Marcus.

Janvier said...

Aye, agreed that Lex is much more fun when drunk.

We're just Janvier, all of us!

Prash said...

I totally agree with leonardo hahahahaha....

gay boys and their party themes...I love that...these straight people should really envy the gay people for that...

Anonymous said...

Bowties in Malaysia? A bit hot for that, isn't it? Hot for the bowties, not the existing company +)

savante said...

Well her parties are sure fabulous but they seem to have disastrous endings, leggy!

And here I thought they all had different nationalities and accents, janvier!

Muahaha. Totally agree, prash.

Well it was pretty cool in the shop fortuately, Paul.

P