Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beijing VIII : Dream of Red Mansions

It's been more than a year since I've come up this far north. Since 8 is apparently an auspicious number for the Chinese, it's fitting that I start off my new post from Beijing with that.

Oh yeah, I'm in Beijing by the way. Since Charming Calvin's finishing his tenure over here in the Northern Capital, I figured I better hit the place while I still can take advantage of the free accomodation :)

Arrived terribly early like I did the last time but fortunately this time I wasn't hit by a horrendous stomach flu that left me floundering. Instead this time I was out bright and early trotting down Wangfujing searching for a bargain. Left too many things unbought the last time.

Of course that only left Calvin wondering why I wasn't lying in bed resting after the flight.

But hello, it's me. Prostrated by one teensy flight? Oh please.

Drunk
Damn, did I take a wrong turn?

Hilarious thing happened before my shopping expedition though. Opened Charming Calvin's fridge only to find tons of melamine-laced milk. For a bewildered moment, I stood there wondering whether he was stocking up to poison his erstwhile colleagues as a final act of vengeance. Maybe hoping to torture the heinous lot with a coupla kidney stones?

Or did he have some wicked getting-rich-quick scheme of selling foul milk to poor, naive indigents?

I was impressed by the sheer chutzpah. I should have known better.

Paul : Wait. What the fuck are you keeping this melamine-laced milk for? Why don't you just dump the lot?
Calvin : I plan to drain the lot slowly so that no one takes them from the garbage to drink. Don't want anyone to be poisoned.
Paul : WTF.

Seriously. Who'd ever thought of that?

10 comments:

Ryan said...

Aww... Charming Calvin is so thoughtful! :D

savante said...

Oh yes he is, Ryan :)

P

jamie da vinci! said...

that was so sweet of him.... made me feel mushy inside. then i wonder, why not just flush the contents down the drain all in one go?

Mr.D said...

Add a colouring then dump it into the drain. Its very thoughtful of him. :)

Twilight Man said...

Oh Charming Calvin, he's so kind and won't hurt a fly! You have a nice shopping trip & visit the underground city if you missed it.....

Janvier said...

Why drain the lot slowly and not flush it down one shot?

We thinks he secretly does plan to save it to poison evil client.

Anonymous said...

muhahaha so funny this CC!

anyway YOU ARE ALREADY LINKED! :)

Medie007 said...

yeaps... who'd ever thought of that?!

Perky said...

LMAO! Yeah coz there are ppl who rummages thru garbage to drink milk ;)

Little Dove said...

Have you helped Charming Calvin dispose his adversaries? ;p