Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bon Anniversaire

Woke up this morning after noon ( rare for me! ) to find a slew of messages beeping on my cellphone. Unlike so many others, I actually cut my line off when i sleep at night. Bleary-eyed I stared at it with a half-smile. It's my birthday and I'm entitled to sleep late if I want to after all. :)

Though I think poor Charming Calvin went frantic calling since he needed validation during his last-minute shopping for souvenirs on the way back.

Reading my previous posts, you'd be thinking that I'd gone for an all-nighter pub-crawl boozing till I was sloshed out of my mind. But you - and the police who waved me down early this morning - would have been wrong. Honestly I didn't touch a drop of alcohol all day long :) All pure wholesome living.

And maybe some wild partying, shoplifting and blatant gossip.

Looking for a dive
Coffee only I swear!

What I did have was a karaoke birthday in the afternoon. Meant to be a surprise bash I'm sure but in my close-knit group of bros ( and hos? ), it's become something close to a mandatory celebration! Or else someone's gonna get hurt.

And possibly throw a hissy fit.

And I'm not talking about myself. :)

So to the karaoke joint we went to dig up various psychedelic hip-hop / club-mix hits for Jaunty Jared, weepy sentimental Mando-pop for the sops and a curious mixture of Kylie / Madonna / Abba hits for the rest of the gay boys. Not to mention the prerequisite Downtown by Petula Clark for Lanky Lex. A peculiar choice - think retro black-and-white images as she sashays across a 1950s stage - but I'm starting to think he might be the long awaited reincarnation of that old-time crooner.

Then it was off for several hours of coffee and drinks at Jaya One with Genial Graham and Janvier. At the end of which we managed to talk a certain someone into making off with a coffee cup. Nothing like petty thievery on a birthday to celebrate :)

Looking for a dive
Coffee yum.

And then after ruling out another drunken night with gyrating boys at the Marketplace, surprisingly had an all-nighter chat with Fabulous Felix and Strapping Shane where we covered topics ranging from random adultery to groping foreplay. An Oprah heart-to-heart fortunately spiced up with my acerbic tongue ( and Felix's scandalous bedtime stories! ). Rehashed several events that had occurred in the past year with multiple flashback scenes while I learnt a couple of stories I hadn't been privy to before.

So I wasn't too surprised to be stopped by the police on the way back at 5 in the morning. Just a civil hello and a nod sufficed to allay the cop's suspicions though. Enough to finally have my birthday wish to have a McBreakfast at 5. Always been curious to see who else had hash browns at such an ungodly hour. Turns out itinerant students, drunken pubcrawlers and factory girls drop by for a bite.

Hence my late morning today.

14 comments:

Jaded Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

OMG... so tired. So so tired.

Danny said...

happy birthday.... m sure u enjoyed urself :)

nase said...

happy belated birthday, fellow scorpion!

Rae P said...

heyya paul. i somehow always missed ur updates. seems that following u on blogger did not rendered any new posts visible. not sure why.

anyhoo, happy birthday, and have you treat urself to the zac efron diet ie HSM3 ?

i've just watched it last night. zac was delicious :D
[if you've seen it, u know the movie starts with Zac all sweaty and giving u all this intense emotions on his eyes right? i nearly ROFL when somebody [girls] shouted "That's so Hawt..." at the screen. That was bold XD ]

Chris said...

I love partying... HEHE..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AS WELL..

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Wish you health and happiness, love and prosperity, and more wickedness =D

Legolas said...

You're not allowed to switch off phone if you want to sleep until that late.

William said...

Oppsie... lupa sms. :P. oh wait, I don't have your number. :P

Cyclohelix said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have yourself the grandest time!

Alex said...

Happy belated birthday!

Little Dove said...

You're the most happening doctor! Happy Birthday.

savante said...

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! And oh yes, it was certainly memorable :P

ABC123 said...

Happy Belated Birthday Paul. xD