Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Go Franciscans

Perhaps it's mid-life crisis hitting early but I've been delving a bit into sappy teenage dramas these days what with my OC / One Tree Hill / Veronica Mars marathon. Not forgetting Gossip Girl of course. Probably making up for lost time. Always thought that I missed out on a quite a lot back in high school doing the endless paper chase rather than falling drunk while groping the hotties.

I watched my classmates party. I watched them get drunk. I watched them have melodramatic affairs. Since I had no reason to get involved with the gals ( since I wanted to get down and party with the guys ), I stood there and watched. Just like I'm watching the telly now. Then when I finally partied, fell in love and got my heart broken, I was so deep in the closet that I had no one to tell.

Sucks, right?

Drunk
A vicarious walk down memory lane in someone else's shoes?

See why I'd want that trip back in time? Fortunately I'm not the only one doing that walk down memory lane - at least on telly - since I dragged my ISO into my DVD marathon. But of course he doesn't do sentimental moments. Neither do I.

So when I brought up the issue about living vicariously through these overwrought teenage drama queens, he caught me at it. Guess my ISO knows how to put things in perspective.

Paul : Oh I so wanna go back to high school.
My ISO : Are you kidding me? You couldn't wait to leave. The lousy teachers! The endless homework! The neverending tuition! The crappy curfew!
Paul : Seriously? I wish I'd been more outgoing.
My ISO : Time to cut down on the whining, my uber Seth Cohen. More outgoing? Obviously you were too involved with your gazillion extracurricular activities to remember high school. You were in every club I could think of. Even fencing.
Paul : Well the club president was cute.
My ISO : I bet you'd have run for social chair if you could.
Paul : But then we wouldn't have a reason to crash parties.
My ISO : Don't know why I even bothered. Never got any nookie anyway.
Paul : Weren't you groping some girl by the punch bowl in secondary?
My ISO : You kissed one too as I recall.

Okay. So I wasn't exactly a social recluse.

I'd still have liked to have fallen drunk on the lawn after a high school party though.

6 comments:

Mr.D said...

Reading this i suddenly miss my school pulak...

Your school is similar like mine, those old colonial style English school all the way at South.

Alice said...

Gosh mine is filled with groupies, the rich, the poor, the jock, the bomb shell, the bimbo, the dick, the nerd and the geek, the goths, the aliens and the unknown! Lol...

RPMnut said...

Ahh...the joys of high school.The age of sexual discovery. Certainly brings back a heap of memories.

Then again, when I think back, ugly uniforms, stinky toilets, non-air-conditioned classrooms and horrid hairstyles seem to dominate....not a pretty picture....

Perky said...

Oh I loved my highschool experience. And I've fallen drunk at the school's basketball court ;)

savante said...

GASP. Did we go to the same school, darren?

Not sure I'm in which group but possibly the nerd / geek / bimbo / dick / aliens / unknown bit. Can't possibly be a jock / bombshell, leo.

Horrid hairstyles are hilarious but memorable, nut!

Basketball court? OUCH, perky!

P

earthrooster said...

age quod agis