Saturday, November 22, 2008

Deck My Halls

Anything more domestic than decking the halls with Calvin?

I know. Kinda early to be putting up all the Christmas trimmings but I can't possibly let the department stores ( and Jaunty Jared! ) beat me to the punch, could I? I usually tend to go a bit crazy over baubles ( so pretty! ) so let's not even discuss the sinful amount I spend on trimmings every year. My credit cards are burning!

So with numerous goodie bags filled with green and gold trim, I dragged the merry loot back home this weekend to redecorate. But of course I had to canvass for help since it's a bitch putting up a tree all by my lonesome.

Reflection
How domestic is this!!

Turns out Charming Calvin has a very... scientific way of putting up a tree. :) More science than art - possibly with set mathematical formula that each and every bauble has to be 5 inches from each other, with no large baubles being next to each other. No two similarly hued decorations can remain in the same niche ad well. Go figure out that complex equation.

Engineers.

Good for stringing the lights though :)

Me, I toss the lot together, then sit back with a quick prayer and enjoy the view.

Then I rearrange the lot again. To his abject horror. Random impulse shocks and confuses the methodical fellow.

But obviously Charming Calvin doesn't have much in the reserves of stamina. After hanging a glass bauble or two from a branch, he's already ready for a kit kat break. Although I have to admit I'm pretty picky about the position of each and every single bauble.

Paul : To the left. To the left. No. To the right. Down to the corner. Over to the left again.
Calvin : I need my hot chocolate now.

Yes. I am a controlling bitch. Now where do I put these boughs of holly?

11 comments:

Alice said...

Wow. Already have the tree up and lighted! Seems like you're spirit for Christmas is passionately burning already!

HAve you broke any ornaments?

Its a tradition (or a coincidence) that every year, an ornament will drop and break...

Hopefully this year, there wouldnt be any bulbs shatter :D

L

AJ v2 said...

wow!! this is too early for putting up christmas decoration...don't u think?

but well....most of the shopping complex -if not all- are already putting it...so, no harm!!

fashion police approved!! ;P

softsmooth2000 said...

hello Paul! :)

I came across your blog via a post in my Flist(friends'list) at LJ, where it stated that your fics are absolute not-tobe-missed... --only have checked your website, but the stories aren't available! is this temporary/a glitch from my side?

Also, more relevant to your post, lol! one of my housemate's has been begging us to set up christmas decorations yesterday!, along with a somewhat gothic, black monstrosity of a x'mas tree (don't ask)... and the rest of us? are weak, so weak.

heh.

I do have to say that none of us are engineering students, though. whew ^_^

In anycase, Season's Greetings to you and Charming Calvin!

Twilight Man said...

I was just freaking out to HR dept that the Xmas tree got to be up. The staff spirit looks gloomy like the economy. Once lighted up, our spirits should be happy once again. China must have moulded Calvin's head to be so neat! Why is he not blogging anymore? Hello Calvin?

joshua said...

a WHOLE month earlier??? Whoa, I haven't even picked a tree yet... nor have I finalised the list of ppl whose been nice to me this yr.

lol think the malls' Xmas deco this year are merely dismal =S

Fable Frog said...

Calvin's scientific ways of putting up a Christmas tree reminded me of Monica Geller! :P

savante said...

Thought I'm already behind time, Leo! But I guess I don't have much time to put them up. Only on weekends. No broken bulbs yet.

Yes! Got the tree up already, AJ!

Will have to work on that site once I have the time. Black Xmas tree sounds kewl actually, soft2smooth.

Go do the tree then, twilight!

I think they are taking the time to put the trees up, joshua.

Scary, right. But I guess that's the mathematical method, froggie.

P

Bengbeng said...

Calvin is more like Mrs BB and I am more like u in the way we do stuff :)

thompsonboy said...

too much is never enough...and you can never be too early or late for anything. Mine's already up at work. The deco, that is.

Unknown said...

omg -.- so early... n u edi have ur tree up -.-

ahahaha! u're do OCD wit ur tree.. i'll faint if u ask me to move every bauble half an inch higher...

savante said...

Opposites do attract, Beng!

We're scary, right, tb? :)

I am pretty OCD. Most doctors are, aaron :P

P