Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Gerbil

Christmas gifts are always a surprise. Like a box of chocolates, you really never know what you're gonna get.

Till the gifts are opened on Christmas day. Sure, every year I get the usual staples such as books and shirts. Both which are fine by me - despite the serious lack of imagination! But I still have to give credit to my benefactors since I know I'm not an easy one to shop for. Shop almost thrice a week so you can expect the number of things I buy!

But my friends persevere. Hence the amazing festive loot I have laid up on my desk at home.

Life
I've got a gift for you!

Of course there are those who prefer to think of the original. Such as Big Bicep Barry. Been a while since I've seen him so my Christmas List obviously lost it's way. Since Lanky Lex had some thoughts of purchasing a couple of guinea pigs, I posed several questions to Barry through phone messages.

Certainly a mistake especially when I opened my door Christmas morning only to find him waiting with a cage in hand.

Paul : You thought I wanted a gerbil?
Barry : But you said your friend wanted it.
Paul : Yeah, my friend.
Barry : It wasn't a metaphor then? Some sort of hint?
Paul : No!
Barry : Try it then.

Seriously though. Being a doctor doesn't automatically make me a friend of all things living. Half the time I can't even stand some of the human beings. :)

Much less a gerbil.

Despite how cute it might look traipsing happily on a wheel. Or curled up in a corner taking a nap. Sure I've got the food and shelter covered ( at least I hope I have! ) but it's a bit difficult claiming it as a pet when I don't particularly care for it. Hell, I can't even hold the wriggling ball of fur in my hand - especially when the furball comes with itty bitty sharp claws.

Wonder whether Jaunty Jared needs a new pet.

10 comments:

lllearned said...

AHAHAHAHAHA!

I've got an idea, try Googling "Gerbil Recipes". At least you'll be putting your gift to good use. :P

AJ v2 said...

OMG!!

it's like looking after a baby u know....we'll see whether u're a good parent or not ;P

MrBunnyBan said...

People, you don't know how bad the gerbil's fate is.

The family wanted to change to bedding of the cage, so they had to bring out the gerbil and hold by hand. The whole family was shriiiiieking excitedly, scaring the poor gerbil which started to bite on Charming Calvin's hands to run for dear life.

Legolas said...

It'll all end in tears, and/or blood.

Anonymous said...

Aaawwwwww....so cute! We want pixs, We want pixs!!

Jason said...

Jared would get one soon, so keep your gerbil :P

XanFactor said...

it would grow on you...

if not... send it to me!

Alex said...

... and poor Jared didn't get his guinea pigs...

Anonymous said...

For some reason I'm thinking of that hamster in BOLT now... Anyway, aren't gerbils just deformed hamsters? :P

Fable Frog said...

that gerbil is CUTE!!!