Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hark the Herald Angels Sing

Doubt even the priest in my old parish could listen to this news without getting a minor conniption. Despite how tolerant he might have been.

And that was certainly welcome way back when I was confessing my heart out about being a raging homo with sinful desires. Rather than hand me the regular Establishment's catchphrase of 'Loving the Sinner but Hating the Sin', the father couldn't have been more understanding! In a time when my friend and classmate was struggling with coming out by skipping classes, throwing hysterical fits and feasting on staples, it was certainly a relief to find a reliable ear to listen.

Of course I shlepped my way to a church far, far away from my home district.

Manger
You want to borrow my manger for what?!

Even then, I doubt the tolerant father could stomach the blasphemous thought of two Josephs helping two gay ole Marys to deliver the Chosen One. But that's exactly what's been proposed out there in queer Amsterdam. A Pink Christmas with a homosexual nativity scene! Seriously! Joseph as a beard for Mary? Certainly makes me wonder what the Three Kings got up to on the way to Bethlehem!

Shocking scandal I'm sure! Don't think the religious right is gonna enjoy this unwarranted adaptation of their beloved biblical tale - and I can hardly blame them. Messing with the faith certainly isn't going to garner any sympathy for the gay movement.

But seriously... if the Virgin Mary had been a swinging faghag way before it became fashionable ( and isn't it that the open-handed, tolerant Christian way? ), I'm sure her faithful gaypal would have made that little stable way more happening for the Coming. Embroidered throw pillows, window dressing and possibly a hand-crocheted onesie for the baby! Surely he's gotta keep his hands busy during the uncomfortable donkey ride from Nazareth to Bethlehem.

Gay pal : Oh sweet Mary, the baby looks beautiful! And hey there's a shining star right above him!
Mary : We'll call him Jesus.
Gay pal : Well, Jesus, Joseph and Mary! Catchy phrase! Hey, look we have visitors.
Mary : Wait! I'm not dressed for company.
Gay pal : It's a stable, darlin. Here, wear that lovely blue veil we got on sale in Nazareth.
Mary : But I don't want to be stereotyped wearing blue! Are they the Three Kings?
Gay pal : Who cares. Check out the hot drummer boy who came with them.
Mary : Don't be naughty!
Gay pal : Hey, you have sexy Joseph over there. I have no one - I'll probably have to marry a Pharisee.

Of course there are others who have their own thoughts on being gay on Christmas.



Giddy-up boys, Christmas is three days away :)

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men!

9 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Blasphemy!!!! lolz

Blessed Winter Solstice Day! A year older, a year wiser? ^_^

+Ant+

Clayden L. said...

Merry Christmas! :D

josh kimura said...

hahaha this is super hillarious.

AJ v2 said...

HOLY COW!!

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Hey....anything goes in Amsterdam.

Now pass me that..uuh...speacial brownie.

Pebbles said...

Haha.

Well,yes, actually just watched the Christmas Carol. Good, yet the crowd was disappointing. even the actors said that.

Have u watched the Christmas Carol play? :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously. And they wonder why we are not popular?

Mr.D said...

I think it is not very nice to play with religion, it only gives bad name to gay movements. But then again this is Amsterdam we are talking about.

Ganymede said...

Oh I hearts I hearts the choir!!!