Sunday, December 16, 2007

Isn't it Ironic?

It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife

Always struck me as particularly apt, the lyrics to this song :) Not exactly ironic but hey, you'd still feel like hitting your head against the wall when it happens, wouldn't you?

You see, my ISO knows me pretty well.

Since he might be spending his Christmas this year with his estranged family - not sure which side he's doing the lovin-and-givin ( HA! ) bit this year - he decided to hand me the prezzies early! Like me, he's an early Christmas shopper - nothing like the word early sales to get us going - so a week before Christmas, we're usually done with the list of naughty or nice.

I bet he has more naughties on his list though.

He's great at the giving after all :P How else could he find me the perfect gift - only to frustrate me like hell? Kinda like him. Seemingly the perfect boyfriend on the outside but driving me Mrs-Rochester-batty all the while.

So he found this out in the stores during one of his quick business trips. The perfect Hairspray Shake & Shimmy DVD.

In Blu-ray.

That I can't play.

Not till I get the player. Which costs a minor fortune.

Water
Water, water everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink.

So near yet so far.

Talk about the O. Henry's Gift of the Magi. Now, doesn't that make you wanna scream?

12 comments:

Ryan said...

Now who is that hunk in the picture? And the picture was taken somewhere near KLCC!!!

Unknown said...

i think its alex yoong. not sure. 1st time seeing that pic. anyway thx for dropping by my blog =) but how did u manage to find it? i'm a medical student now.

Medie007 said...

isn't it the same pic? seen it in some earlier post... :P

Unknown said...

isit alex yoong?

Cyclohelix said...

It is him alright! hmm, that said, both are good naughty buds :)

Anonymous said...

Oh ho ho ho ho. I still find it so hilarious.

[danial][ma] said...

hej! paul
wishing you a merriest christmas, may you have a joyful celebration. happy holidays and a happiest new year 2008. may 2008 bring you joy, peace, love and great year ahead...

poof said...

Lol...
Just get a blueray lappy
for work and play!

William said...

Just buy Sam that PS3 and you get a bluray player...

At least it wasn't a fly in your chardonnay....

Dave said...

Doesn't Malaysia carry the 2 Disc edition of Hairspray? Don't tell me Malaysia distributor is so pathetic that they carry only the single vanilla edition DVD?

Thank Goodness in Singapore, the DVD is released in the version you are dying for: Shake and Shimmy Edition. ;)

Alex said...

It's Alex Yoong! Handsome handsome Alex Yoong.... :P And haha... can't play the Bluray disc!!!!!! Buy a Bluray player.... save all those money and buy yerself one this Xmas!

hbjock said...

Hmmm I wonder what that movie really looks like in Blu-ray.. like, is it really all that better?