Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Peter, Paul and Gory

There are folks who look up to saintly paragons like Mother Teresa, seeking to emulate her humanitarian efforts. Then there are the materialistic fellows who wish to follow in the footsteps of real estate barons such as Donald Trump in amassing skyscrapers.

Then there's me. I've never actually had someone I could idolize. Sure, plenty of bodacious hunks to fantasize over - but certainly none I'd like to be myself. Hell I wanna fuck them not be them!

Today though I found Peter Brown.

In Josh Bazell’s debut novel Beat The Reaper, his protagonist's a stressed out physician walking the streets who finds himself mugged in the very first chapter. However the seemingly mild doc in scrubs turns the tables on the unfortunate thug - snapping his elbows even while detailing how the various elbow joints are fixed with ligaments. Then he proceeds to choke the life out of the assailant - only to desist at the though that he might have to resuscitate the fella.

Hunk
Damned Oath!

You know, that damned Hippocratic Oath. Such a bother wasting a trache.

Seems that Dr Peter Brown isn't just any plain physician. Eight years ago - prior to the hush hush witness protection program, he was better known as Pietro 'Bearclaw' Brnwa. A violent remorseless hitman who preferred body breaking rather than healing hands. As evidenced by the hapless mugger, Peter hasn't changed all that much. So when Peter finds a dying patient in the hospital who recognizes him from his misbegotten past life, all hell breaks loose.

Think Mafia hitman turned cynical physician. Isn't that just the perfect combination for me? Some days I do feel like tearing heads off myself. And now here you have a guy who tears out his fibula just to stab his enemy? Damn, you gotta adore a man with such cojones!

Move aside Wesley Gibson. You've got nothing on Peter Brown.

And he's a doctor. *swoon*

Paul : So damned irritated at work now! Just feel like screaming!
Peter : Who made you mad?
Paul : You see that resident over there?
Peter : The one with the blue striped tie?
Paul : Yes.
Peter : Oh yeah he's an arrogant bastard.

[ insert chaotic moment as Peter leaps over the counter to land on the hapless resident to throttle him as the nurses shriek ]

Peter : Done.
Paul : I think he stopped breathing.
Peter : Are we supposed to resuscitate him now?

Such a wildly cinematic novel obviously screams Hollywood! And before you know it, they have Leonardo DiCaprio lined up for the role. Kinda odd to see him playing the role of the physically imposing Bearclaw though. A brawny fellow who takes out a room of armed assailants with a broken chair?

Hunk
Making the ward rounds!

Doesn't that scream Jason Statham or Hugh Jackman to you?

7 comments:

MrBunnyBan said...

Leonardo di crap is just sooo wrong. Your choice is way better.

Anonymous said...

Think Mafia hitman turned cynical physician. Isn't that just the perfect combination for me?

So true. Sometimes, by reading your blog, I even think that maybe you're the inspiration for Dr. Peter Brown. LOL

Anonymous said...

Peter and Paul... I think they are something Hugh and Jason can sink their teeth into... I mean, as roles! Roles... :P

William said...

A little mouth to mouth is always welcome.

JD Cole said...

Then there's me. I've never actually had someone I could idolize. Sure, plenty of bodacious hunks to fantasize over - but certainly none I'd like to be myself. Hell I wanna fuck them not be them!

no wonder m'sia is the #7 on the horniest countries ;P

The Vice Buddha said...

I so very hate jason :|
I believe he is a errible actor anyway!

u r right on ur account.. leo is so wrong a choice!! Hugh Jackman.. or even Keanu Reeves for that matter... would be a treat :D

johney said...

Should I be worried the next time I visit the Doctor? Because I like my joints in their natural positions.