Monday, April 27, 2009

All the World's A Stage

Have been hitting the books in irregular spurts these days but I figured that all study and no play certainly makes me a dull boy! So I sneaked in an hour or two of October Road just to keep the blues away.

So what's October Road? It's a short-lived ( though wonderfully charming ) series about a writer who returns to his old hometown after ten years to confront the friends and family he left behind. Frankly they aren't too pleased to have him back especially after he wrote a damning semi-autobiographical account of his life. For a small town, it does have an inordinately high amount of hunks! Not only is the main protagonist played by the really fine Bryan Greenberg but he has a really hot best buddy and an adorable brother. Salacious thoughts of homosexual threesomes abound when I watch them together.

Bryan Greenberg
You're talking about me?

Unfortunately even an attractive cast, a catchy soundtrack and snappy dialogue couldn't stop it from being cancelled last year after two seasons along with Eli Stone, Dirty Sexy Money and Pushing Daisies. At this rate I'll be running out of tv series to watch. There can only be so much of reality tv I can stomach.

Fortunately we have dvd rerun marathons.

Only to have my ISO join me on one of those rerun days with some takeaway Chinese. Literally since he actually ordered staples such as chow mein and egg foo yong like we used to. Couldn't find decent pot-stickers though. Really nostalgic.

After complaining about the sad quality of programming these days, we segued into the silly game of who'd play us in a telemovie! After all, haven't we all imagined the nitty-gritty of our mundane lives being portrayed ( of course glossed up Hollywood-style ) on television? Played by better, brighter selves in glammed-up locations?

My ISO : So who'd play you in a movie?
Paul : Anyone I could pick? Obviously someone who looks way better than hideous me!
My ISO : That could be anyone.
Paul : Bitch.
My ISO : You said it.
Paul : Maybe someone not traditionally movie-star handsome. Certainly not the best-looking guy on the block. Not the traffic-stopping, jaw-dropping kinda handsome but just a sweet average fella.
My ISO : Do we kick sand in his face?
Paul : No!
My ISO : Sounds like a loser.
Paul : Maybe Bryan Greenberg?
My ISO : Yeah, right.
Paul : It's a fantasy. You asked. So who would play you on television?
My ISO : Why, me of course. Who could possibly do it better?
Paul : Asshat.

My life? Maybe a cross between Grey's Anatomy and Queer as Folk? Blame the gross exaggeration on artistic license :) Not sure who'd play the rest of my friends but I figure Tobey Maguire has a passing resemblance to Charming Calvin.

So who would play your part?

5 comments:

V said...

we never really got the chance to follow this series :(

Bengbeng said...

i published a post for u :) abt swingy thingy http://www.mylongkang.com/2009/04/27/tibautajau-a-test-of-manhood-and-courage/

Janvier said...

At least Nut gave you McDreamy!

savante said...

Make sure you catch it, Queen B!

Thanks, Bengbeng!

Well he hasn't seen me yet. I have no immodest allusions about myself, janvier :)

P

Perky said...

I never got to watch this show. Kept missing it on Astro. Wanted to watch it coz the guy was formerly from One Tree Hill (which I was so addicted to).