Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mother Medea

My mother's certainly a complex woman.

Have to say her sneaky little mind's practically labyrinthian. Seriously doubt even the famed Jason of the Argonauts could find his way through the circuitous, complicated maze with a ball and string.

Been playing a guessing game of Does Your Mother Know for months now - and it doesn't seem as if either side's gonna give in anytime soon. On the verge of my tongue to tell her but there's never a right time to pop out of the closet. Coming out over family dinner just seems terribly impolite.

But I'm procrastinating.

Brothers and Sisters
A family wedding?

I know. Yet the clues I've left all over the place - like the ever-present boyfriend - should make it obvious enough.

And then she had to propose an idea that seemed almost preposterous.

Mother : Now that I can't make it for your cousin's wedding dinner, why don't you bring Charming Calvin?
Paul : Bring who?
Mother : Charming Calvin?
Paul : To a family wedding dinner. As what? As a plus one?
Mother : Might as well.

See. Odd.

Bringing another fella to a family wedding as a plus one? Under what pretext? Might as well hang a rainbow banner right outside the house as a sign!

Now how am I supposed to take that? As a sly hint to come clean? It would seem that way especially since my crafty mother's the one who came up with the plan. Then when I'm pretty sure she already knows the score, my mother muddles up the issue by telling me to get married.

Jedi mind tricks, I tell ya.

11 comments:

Janvier said...

Cos mother treats him like family already? A nephew plucked out from somewhere as it is. :p

V said...

use the dark side of the gay force to mediate her jedi tricks! ;)

Cheryl said...

bring ur prince charming then!!

Medie007 said...

aww cute! :P

RPMnut said...

I suspect your mom and MommaNut had the same jedi master when they were padawan learners.....;)

Anonymous said...

trust me, she knows it, and for a very long time already, just like u, mayb she is not comfortable with the confrontation or anything... :P, and lets say, she is happy for u, and tries to make thing easier for u :P

.:: Ant ::. said...

You'd better pray she doesn't suddenly pop the question as to who mounts who. wakakaka

+Ant+
word ver: demisse .... choi! choi! choi!

MrBunnyBan said...

Oh, I'd just keep it simple... and bring him to the wedding. :)

savante said...

Weird but true, janvier.

Trying my best but she's a wily woman, B!

Probably will do so, Cheryl. But it's a dull wedding and i'm trying to sneak out myself.

So true, medie :)

Yeha, we gotta find that tutor and learn some tricks from him/her as well, Nut!

Hope you're right but then why bring up the marriage to a girl issue again, happy?

Can't imagine that, anton :) I'd probably faint. And I'm pretty hard to shock.

Will do so, ban!

P

Malaysia180 said...

mothers always know... so why the procrastination. Get on with it and get the trauma over and done with.

Just make sure you know all the answers to all the questions she will be asking

Perky said...

I agree with Dense here. She's already throwing hints that she knows... so u might as well return the favor by confirming it :)