Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Headhunters

Looks like I'll have to get a gun.

Or maybe an impenetrable suit of armour. Maybe both. Not that I'm planning to face down a fearsome gang of bandits armed to the teeth anytime soon - but for my coming trip over to the wild, wild east, looks like I'd better be prepared for everything.

According to all ( hopefully highly exaggerated ) accounts from Charming Calvin, the raging hot-blooded natives over there can get mighty restless indeed, prone to more than a bit of highstrung revelry when the spirits are high, harkening back to their renowned headhunting ways.

Punch
Not as friendly as you'd imagine!

At least that's what he says. I'm half-convinced it's all wild prejudice! Or at least nervous jitters. Hoping it's all deviously calculated to scare me away from the transfer but Calvin couldn't have gotten everyone else involved, could he? Our daily news can't be lying, can they? Judging by the news reports of the past few days, I'm not exactly mollified. Stabbings. Bludgeonings. Killings. All in the space of a few days. Not exactly reassuring.

Hmm. The suit of armour sounds like a good idea at least.

Perhaps even a license to hold a pistol. Sounds like it's easy enough to get one over there if I claim to be aiming for the pesky birds. Hey, I can always do with a plate of fried pigeon wings with barbecue sauce. Maybe even some feathers for decoration.

And who knows, I might scare away a petty miscreant or two.

If I don't accidentally shoot myself in the foot. Or get hopelessly lost in the woods whilst hunting. Which seems quite common as well with troupes of adventuresome schoolboys and curious elderly folk regularly getting lost amongst the trees.

Ah, the wild, wild east.

7 comments:

RPMnut said...

So when's the big day?
Might need some time to custom-fit a suit of armour, buddy...;)

Bradley Hyunckel said...

u make me think of RPGs

V said...

we wish u safe journey~ :)

Chris said...

Oh... wish u the best lor... kakaka...

a said...

Their status is marked byt the amount of skeleton hung at our front door, of those you harvest of course. Muahahaha, ENJOY WILD WILD EAST I SAY!

How long will u be there? Might meet u there!!!

savante said...

Not sure when the big day's coming, Nut. A lot of paperwork and running around involved.

Definitely, brad!

Thanks, B and Chris!

Will make sure I drag you along to the house as well, Ning.

P

Anonymous said...

HAVE A NICE DAY







HAIRYBEARS
http://hairybears.blogspot.com/