Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mean Queen

Beginning to understand how Charming Calvin turned out to be such a placid fellow. After all he has to blend in with the rest of the indolent crowd plodding along unhurriedly in this small town. Active, energetic balls of tension causing ripples and quakes certainly don't fit into the slow meandering way of life here.

Meaning city boys like me.

Look back
Time to chill?

Seriously I might be too mean for Miri. Starting to fit the comedic stereotype of the uptight, highstrung yuppie coming to stir things up in the bucolic backwoods.

Doctor : Perhaps we should open up more beds in the wards. Just expand the north wing, get more beds and monitors.
Paul : And where would we get doctors to man the wards? Find a Ready-to-Mix blend and just add water?

Paul : It's already 815 H. Where have you been? Rounds should already be starting like yesterday.
Doctor : Oh? But we usually trudge in slowly till about 9.
Paul : And why? Taking the cows for a walk around the pasture?

Doctor : Oh could you reconsider? Maybe extending for another hour?
Paul : I already gave you a half hour to finish. That's quite enough.
Doctor : Another half hour then?
Paul : Does this face remind you of someone who would reconsider? No.

And worst of all, I actually used that immortal line from the infamous she-devil boss Miranda Priestley.

Paul : By all means move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me.

By then I realized that I was morphing into a devilish monster. Judging from the astonished looks on their cheery sunshiney faces, obviously no one has spoken in such a tone... like ever. Even the flowery teacups hung in mid-air before their gaping mouths. Obviously a congenial country lot.

That never had the ill fate to deal with a PMS-ing mean queen.

I really need to take a chill pill.

13 comments:

Janvier said...

Calvin must have quoted that line more than a fair few times got you to spurt it out in real life!!

Hmmm. Word verification alesohe. We thought we were dyslexic for a moment!

William said...

Cranky! Some Miri sex?

RPMnut said...

How uncanny. I used that Miranda line on someone today. I reckon the country folk would have a cardiac if I set up shop there. :)

cYiD said...

go go go queeny!

Legolas said...

Paul: By all means move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me.
MO: Huh? I don't understand what you're saying...
Paul: ... ...

I'm sure that happened.

savante said...

Even I saw the wrong word, janvier. Now we can go around calling idiots alesohe!

Hmmm... I so wouldn't mind some slap and tickle, william.

We should start a company to train interns, nut!

And make them cry, cYiD! Haha.

Well surprisingly he did understand. Obviously Devil Wears Prada made it here, leggy!

P

ichimaru akira said...

lack of sexs makes me cranky

Joshua said...

You've been hanging around Nut waaaaaayyyy too much, Savante :P

Anonymous said...

u have plenty of time to blend in, im sure u will turn out nice :P

Kenny Mah said...

"Even the flowery teacups hung in mid-air before their gaping mouths."

LOL. Oh please don't stop. Do go on terrorising them townsfolk! It's way too fun... for us readers! :)

MrBunnyBan said...

You actually used that line... on Miri people? Lol!

the viennamese said...

Oooh, sharp!

And hey, that's a sweeeet pair of jeans! Think I've seen them in Guess before... or not. Any idea where are they from? :P

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.