Friday, August 07, 2009

The Shuffle

Yesterday the Legal Beagle sent a universal tag to all - for a meme that has been making the rounds - and I did it cause I found the meme irresistibly cute.

Answering questions through the mysterious hoodoo of the iPod shuffle? Sounds right up my alley. After all, the music we listen to everyday certainly tells a lot about who we are. That vegan PETA yogamaster with his hippie tunes. The sulky Goth princess with her angsty feminist wails.

Ryan Reynolds
Wanna find out what I have in my iPod?

And then there's me. With Charming Calvin calling his gadget iBlair, I dubbed mine my very own iChuck!

But for the meme, here are the instructions:

1. Put your iPod on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question.

Q: What does next year have in store for you?
Mercy by One Republic. Hmm. Hopefully I do get plenty of it.

Q: What does your love life look like next year?
Can't Take That Away by Mariah Carey. Sounds quite promising for next year then. Good news for Charming Calvin and me.

Q: What do you say when life deals you a bad hand?
Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera. Oh yeah, obviously I do a lot of wishing, hoping and praying.

Q: Song that reminds you of good times?
Marie's The Name by Elvis Presley. Not even sure why I have Elvis in the playlist but I guess Calvin thought I would enjoy it :)

Q: What do you think when you get up in the morning?
Making Memories by Keith Urban. No arguments there.

Q: What song will you dance to at your wedding?
Like a Star by Connie Bailey Rae. Just perfect! How did the Shuffle guess! Talk about spooky!


Q: Favourite place?
Dirty Sexy Rich by Lady Gaga. No idea what this means. But I do have a propensity for visiting dirty, sexy, rich places.

Q: What song describes your best friend?
Labels or Love by Fergie. Not sure who this describes exactly but oh yeah, it definitely covers all my friends including the shopaholic Lushes.

Q: What song describes your ex?
February Song by Josh Groban. So sad and melancholy. Gotta read the lyrics before I can comment on this.

Q: What song describes yourself?
Put Your Head on My Shoulder by Michael Buble. Umm. I'm a supportive fellow?

Q: Where will you be in 10 years?
I Wish You Knew by Mariah Carey. Guess I'm not supposed to know as well! And sometimes it's nice not to know.

Q: Your love life right now?
Please Mr Postman by Human Nature. OMFG! So appropriate! With Calvin miles away on the mainland, oh yeah, we're definitely depending on the postman.

Q: How will you die?
I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry. Guess I'm not gonna start turning straight anytime soon. Obviously girls have cooties!

Hey, the Shuffle's pretty good! Surprisingly appropriate answers here! Obviously some hidden magic voodoo inside the lil iPod.

5 comments:

cYiD said...

"...Q: How will you die?
I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry. Guess I'm not gonna start turning straight anytime soon..."

ROFL... lol...
so appropriate!

the viennamese said...

stay.away.from.girls.

And omg I wish I was Ryan Reynolds' hands. Then I get to touch places I can only dream of. Oh. :D

Annie said...

Humph! Paul dear... we GIRLS don't have COOTIES, we have BOOBIES!

No, don't turn straight anytime soon, it's what makes you one of the good guys.

William said...

Kissed by Cheryl?

savante said...

Totally weird but true, cYiD! Have you tried the meme?

At least now I do have a valid reason to stay away, Evann!

Don't let one bad straight man scare you from the rest, Anniieeeee.

Muahaha. Possibly, William.

P