Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Drunk Separation

We all deal with separation in different ways.

I leave home for the wilds of Borneo and turn into an obsessive Martha Stewart turning shabby chic into objets d'art. Turns out I leave and Charming Calvin becomes a raging alcoholic :)

And I can tell you our boy gets really happy when he drinks.

Calvin : This is a drink. I like drinking. Drinking makes me happy. Happy days I like to talk. Talk and drink. That's what I do. I like math too. See I can count.
Paul : You are so drunk.

This time however Calvin outdid himself by getting inebriated enough to attempt modelling stunts straight out of a Tyra Banks How To manual. Even the famed tummyache pose. You know, leaning forward clutching their concave stomachs. I would show some shots of his Next Top Model debut but I think he'd probably strangle me after.

So despite what he says, Calvin does get hopelessly drunk. More often than not, he flips from his quiet placid self into a giggly talkative fool. Ranting along happily while downing ever increasing amounts of alcohol. Drunk Calvin is a fun Calvin.

Can't be that good for his ailing liver though :)

Farmboy
Kids, don't try this at home.
At least not yet.

These days I hold my drink a little better. Or possibly I've learned my lesson about the evils of drinking. Getting just that little buzz is enough to curtail my liberal libation.

After all everyone recalls bitterly their first encounter with the notorious firewater! Mine was during a high school party. Peer pressure anyone? An alky virgin at about 15 where I got thoroughly soused after a couple of lousy beercans! Lame-o, I know. Fortunately my alcohol tolerance grew better with practice - though I still have a couple of hazy memories of drunken college nights. My ISO wasn't all that good at saying no to alcohol. Neither was I.

Ah, the nights of worshipping the porcelain god in dubious places after getting gaysted while trying manfully ( with a damned hangover ) to swallow aspirin the morning after.

The follies of youth. Good thing we found better ( and sweatier ) ways to get that high :)

6 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Ah well, them days of drunken folly... How my nostalgic mind misses them so... How my grateful liver does NOT! :P

William said...

I wanna see more of Drunk Calvin!

Janvier said...

Soused Soldat: We're not done with Calvin yet!

Legolas said...

Thou is 3V1L bartender!

savante said...

I know! Try to stay away from inebriation as much as I can, life.

Well you can always wait for Christmas, william.

Muahahaha, janvier.

Yes, run when you see them, legolas.

P

Kris said...

i'm so curious...i want to feel drunk without the alcohol though!