Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Mr Smith Goes to Miri : The Paint Job

Since I'd already given him free room and board for his stay here, my Insignificant Other ( or my ISO ) had no choice but to help me paint the kitchen walls. Originally painted in a ghastly red hue ( a terrible botched experiment! ), the kitchen walls taunted me mercilessly each night as I came down to get a drink. Supposedly touted as a sweet melon red, it looked as if the fruit had gone terribly bad. Simply had no choice but to rid myself of it.

With my ISO's reluctant ( and distinctly complaining ) help.

Far from the harmonious co-existence that reigned while I painted the dining room with Charming Calvin, the unenviable task that took an hour had us both trading barbs and jibes from across the room. Seriously. No subject too sacred for us to poke fun at from his warring parents to my lamentable attempts at housekeeping. Anything to distract us from the tiring work at hand.

And the stifling summer heat.

Confused
A lil bit of home improvement!

Halfway he even offered to blow me rather than sweat through the arduous paint job.

An offer I almost took him up on except I was covered in sweat, dust and varying shades of golden yellow. Far from sexy.

My ISO : I'm on holiday dammit! How did I ever get roped into this! Must be a hundred degrees out there!
Paul : It's your good deed of the month. Get painting, slave!
My ISO : Save me from such menial work! Fucking forced labour! And what is this bloody infernal heat!
Paul : Don't remind me. 7th level of hell, I tell ya.
My ISO : Holy Mother of God. If we fucked on the dining table, would that distract you from the hideous wall?
Paul : You kidding me? The ghastly red wall would still be there in front of me.
My ISO : Dammit. Blindfolds?
Paul : Hmm. Maybe.
My ISO : But you're right. The red is appalling. I might have to blindfold myself too.

So the poor fellow was conscripted to paint.

Even so he had to suffer the ignominy of a guest bedroom decorated in pastel pink with a dash of chocolate brown. Since the room had been prepared to host my mother in the near future, I have to admit it leans towards the feminine. Not sure how my ISO's rampant masculinity survived the insult :)

9 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Ah, lesson I learned from this post: Bribing with sex won't work getting me out of house-guest house-chores... but no harm trying right? ;)

William said...

Kesiannya jadi tetamu kau...

Wanderer said...

Nothing comes free in life.

What I observed, maybe the ISO should learn some bargaining skills from you.

cYiD said...

i'd think 20x before coming~
hahaha...

MrBunnyBan said...

Wah, so many interesting colors!

Twilight Man said...

I heard that nude painting sessions were often erotic making extra wall stains. Red walls are definitely very bad feng shui. Thank god u changed it.

TJay said...

Seriously Sung??? A B&B (gay B&B)? A little cliche don't you think Doctor?

SNICKER!!!

Long time and no talk dear friend of a sexless physician....

Glad to see you have the new writing site up again. Took time to read some 'Practical Magic' and see if any spells were worth taking in.

Hugs

TJay

Janvier said...

We'll cut sponges and do wall printing instead of painting. :P

savante said...

Never works, life! Especially with crummy housework.

Slave labour required, william :P

See, the wanderer agrees!

It's only a paintbrush :) Usually I'd ask for payment in sexual favours.

Yup. Kinda like Joseph's coat, ban!

And it was a horrid red, twilight. Terrifying!

I know. But I've always loved the idea of opening up an inn, tjay!

I'd probably drip the sponges all over the place, janvier. Come over and help me then.

P