Sunday, September 06, 2009

Mr Smith Goes to Miri

Go spread the news everyone. Paul's Cosy Bed & Breakfast in the city is finally open for business. Unfortunately there are some who are all too ready to take advantage of the early bird offers.

Namely my ISO ( or my insignificant other as you will ). Not only did he surprise me late in the evening with a call just as I was getting ready for my weekly movie matinee, the call was made from the local airport. Barely ten minutes after his plane touched down.

With no warning.

Hell, I could have been mountain-climbing in Mulu this weekend!

My ISO : You in?
Paul : Yes. Gonna start my movie marathon.
My ISO : Good. Don't start yet. Come pick me at the airport.
Paul : Very funny.
My ISO : You hear me laughing? You called. I came.
Paul : WTF. I called you more than a week ago! You're really here?
My ISO : Yes.
Paul : For all you know, I could be abseiling up the Pinnacle!
My ISO : Right...

Obviously he knows me better.

So I stashed all my DVDs, rushed up to fluff up the pillows in the guest bedroom and then left to pick him up. Unsurprisingly he didn't look in the least bit dishevelled despite being crushed with the great unwashed for two hours in the economy flight.

Hugh Dancy
Room and board?

And like any city boy who manages to make it here out in the boondocks, the first thing he mentioned was the enviable size of the airport.

Paul : I was shocked at the size as well.
My ISO : They sure like them big here!
Paul : Size matters after all. And they have traffic lights as well.
My ISO : You're fucking kidding me! It's almost civilized!
Paul : I know! I haven't even told you about the Starbucks yet.
My ISO : Saw that in the airport. Amazing. Expected them to dine on the trees. OMG. Is that a mall?
Paul : I know! I expected lil sundry shops!
My ISO : Reminds me of Malacca.
Paul : Twenty years back?
My ISO : Exactly.

Monstrous. I know.

Still, my first guest. Wonder how I should charge him.

9 comments:

William said...

Pay with sexual favours?

Medie007 said...

wat insult! i thought they've got elevators in their trees, far much better than KLCC.

ian-ization said...

insulting as ever for west m'sian still think that we Borneon still dine on the trees...

What the heck.. we love orang Utans... :P

savante said...

Oh baby I wouldn't mind working that out, william.

They actually do, medie007 :)

We all have our own silly prejudices but this place has really surprised me, ian.

P

MrBunnyBan said...

Make him pay RM100 per hour... and also RM200 for lodging per night. :)

ian-ization said...

Really?? Surprised of us still dine on the trees??

Anonymous said...

Sweet, your ISO really a nicey :)

Then again, show to him that the gators here is equipped with turbo blasters which are used as primary river transport, jungle apparels and leaf thong abundance (some issues noted before at the arrival gateway of KLIA and Changi due to coconut bikini incidence, so beware of cultural adoption), cinematic view of the skyline via the inverse stretchable umbrella canopies and pretty much more.
Have a blast two of you :)

Cyclohelix

savante said...

Oh if he only would! But I'd probably have to hold him down and grab his wallet, ban :P

No, ian. Surprised that it's so modern of course.

Well the gators don't have the turbo blasters but I have a feeling the lizards are freakish mutants, helix!

P

Anonymous said...

awww... so sweet of him!