Wednesday, November 04, 2009

For the Love of GPS

Some boys prefer sappy love songs and poetry.

Some boys prefer wine and roses. Some boys prefer leather and chains.

My proof of love comes a litle differently in the form of some good old GPS action.

Remember when I talked about the nifty car Charming Calvin purchased a while ago? Otherwise better known as charming outdoor decoration? Well the lil automobile that could doesn't move all that much, it might as well be an ivy-laden pergola.

Man
Umm... I think I might be lost!

Till I took my leave of Calvin of course. Seems that his surprisingly independent car has been making the rounds lately. Of course I immediately pictured Calvin mapping out his route the night before with charts, maps and alternative paths. Mr Spontaniety he ain't.

So when I wondered blithely how to get back home while I was in the city ( with my car in the boondocks )...

Calvin : I'll drive you.
Paul : You're driving?
Calvin : I said it.
Paul : Wow. You said that without a single hint of passive-aggressive rancor.
Calvin : I now have GPS.
Paul : Global Positioning System? The one that costs a small fortune?
Calvin : My new baby. iBlair needs a sibling.
Paul : Wow. iBlair's barely walking yet.

At least we've somewhat resolved the big yellow taxi issue. Or totally avoided it.

So not only did Calvin manage the drive ( probably much against his principles! ), we were also accompanied by a deep-voiced basso profundo who gave us directions all the way. Our roundabout choice of routes confounded the poor GPS - who had to recalculate every five miles - but it finally managed to point us in the right direction. Oddly enough though the GPS fellow tried impressions with every change of language. Could have sworn the Hakka-speaking impresario sounded distinctly feminine.

5 comments:

William said...

Got guy voice one ah? Thought it's normally only female voices.

Bradley Hyunckel said...

does ur GPS know that u r *ahem*?

peace \m/

Musang said...

iBlair is the car?!! and what's the GPS' name?

iSerena?~ hihi~

Legolas said...

The car is Mr. Darcy, the GPS is Mr. Bingley.

savante said...

Surprisingly they do, william.

Not sure if they have that particular software updated, bradley.

Never! Would even pref Dorota to Serena, musang :)

Well at least the car has a name now, leggy.

P