Tuesday, November 03, 2009

In Omnia Paratus

Not all friends should mix.

Another argument for keeping parts of my life separate and compartmentalized? I suddenly came to the realization that a large number of my friends - at least the ones I regularly share discourse with - are all affiliated with one another. Not only do we have an entire newsletter online keeping us informed of our goings-on every day, we also try our best to get together at least semi-regularly.

And that's all great.

Strachey
Who should I call?

But like all friends, we do have our little squabbles. Far from the monumental handbag-slugging, hair-tearing catfights of Serena and Blair in Gossip Girl but it's close enough.

So you can imagine how impossible it is when you're feeling a lil pissed with no one to vent to. Not royally pissed that you need to demand am urgent confrontation at high noon but just angry enough to need an outlet. Over something so silly and embarassingly inconsequential that it needs just a quick queer rant to get over.

So who do you call?

School buddies are scattered all over and my uni mates are crazy busy at their respective hospitals. Without the prior history, my junior colleagues over here won't understand the conundrum so I'm stuck with my Lego figs to talk to.

Paul : I'm a psychotic bastard.
My ISO : Tell me something I didn't know. Wait, you called me just to tell me this?
Paul : I'm pissed.
My ISO : Did you miss your stale coffee this morning?
Paul : Let me vent, bitch.
My ISO : Can I skim through the daily news while you rant?
Paul : Yes. Forgot the papers today so butt in with some of interesting headlines.
My ISO : When you're done, can I then bitch about brainless clients?
Paul : Take a number.

Yes. In lieu of a newspaper, ex-boyfriends are surprisingly good for opinions and headlines. Not to mention the occasional comic section.

9 comments:

Legolas said...

What's the problem? About me?

William said...

Aiyoh, and you left the BF out of the loop.

savante said...

Problem's definitely not about you, babe :) You're always great.

P

Cheryl said...

crisis rumah tangga pulak nanti.. :P

dear9, dun worry la... he will just complaint u cannot walk fast when he shop like giler

Musang said...

am i the only who doesn't talk anymore to the exes?

Little Dove said...

Your ISO sounds a little like you!

Anonymous said...

acherly i admire u guys who can talk to ex-es like buddy lor, too bad for me, i cant, we are not enemy, but our talk just... ermmm diplomatically correct only... thats all.
its good u have someone like him to rant, and u should keep him exclusively, so that u can rant to him almost on everything :P

savante said...

Never did complain, cheryl. Just gave him a look.

It takes a while, musang. Give it time.

Well we are friends for a .. well we have been friends a long while, lil dove.

Give it time. You will be doing the same one day, happy.

P

C'est la vie said...

Haha, buzz me, I am here for you. After all, I am just a stranger, who happens to be a counselling student. Things are safe with me. :)