Friday, November 27, 2009

My Style

So what do we do on long weekends over here? Apart from the odd outdoor excursion of mountains and caves which isn't something I would go for, there's not much for a dedicated urbanite to do around here. Seems like I've exhausted every possible avenue of retail possible here from the native markets to the occasional weekend jumble sale held by the expats.

Seriously. We desperately need a new mall here.

Fortunately the internet means we're never really left all alone - whether you count that as a blessing or otherwise. And it's almost impossible to get bored with the millions of websites at our fingertips.

When I have way too much time on my hands, my mind tends to wander. Even started to think of decorating options for my office. Though I don't have much of a choice since the entire operating theatre - and my office - is painted a horrid sickly pastel green. Seriously makes me think of mould. And they have that matched to dull, lifeless gray office furniture. But I shall prevail. Hoping a light shot of orange and a flashier shade of green would bring the place to life.

Chair
I think the floor needs a carpet. Maybe in a shade of green.

As it turns out I really am Blair Waldorf incarnate when it comes to decorating. I'm an Elegant Classic. At least that's what this interior decorating quiz says.

Paul, you are an Elegant Classic.

You have a refined sensibility with an appreciation for history and tradition in your furniture and your rooms. You value beauty, things that are well crafted, and family heirlooms. You are visually sensitive and understand how symmetry and a formal layout give order to a room, and hence your home is refined and calming. You are not taken in by the trends of the moment. You go for things with a timeless appeal, and appreciate old-fashioned virtues like manners and handwritten notes and making a home that is welcoming for others.

You value creativity. You are stylish and fun loving, and can be an inspiration to others. You have a natural sense of drama, and you know you have to be willing to take risks—whether with colors, finishes, furniture choices, or ideas—for your home to stand out. Your home can be happy and lively and the place all of your friends want to be.

After letting you pick from a range of differently styled rooms and furniture sets, it then extrapolates the style that you'd go for. So go try it, find your own style at Homegoods.

7 comments:

Bradley Hyunckel said...

do more round and round and round...can get u off the boring mood and ur office too...ur place is a hospital mall :p

William said...

Bel Ami posters instead of boring public health announcements?

Little Dove said...

I'm an Earthy Casual. You can't separate a Dove from his habitat. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Just nice but more of copycats!

Unknown said...

We need a new MALL huh???? lmao.
I used to own a healthcare business and dealt with a lot of doctors.It is really hard to please both doctors and patients but I do go for pastel colours and I do let my doctors some liberties in decorating their offices, nice to see creativity.After all, my doctors are also my smart partners!
Paul, do you know someone known as Freyjadour Falenas ? He/she, I am quite sure it is a HE , has been commenting on my blogs but there is no doubt he is your follower. Mind telling me?? Email me at roungda@gmail.com PLEASE?

hugs! (from a sister to another!)

Unknown said...

WOW...I am BOHEMIAN CASUAL...so TRUE!
Thx for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I am "Earthy Casual"... haha

Great quiz- thanks for posting.

And here's hoping for a new mall for you!