Sunday, November 29, 2009

Party Like It's 1997

Halfway through my Gilmore Girls marathon, I realized that I have a significant void in my past. As Rory Gilmore rang in her 21st with much aplomb, I tried to think back on what I did but drew a total tabula rasa when it came to my own birthday party. What did I do way back then?

Surely I celebrated some. At least a lone cupcake with a sad candle? Hell, it's more than a decade ago but surely I'd remember some details.

Chair
Now this is the kinda birthday I would remember.

Unless it was damned boring of course. So sickeningly dull that I blanked it from my memory. Maybe I knitted woollen mittens on that day.

Paul : Why didn't I have a 21st birthday party?
My ISO : Sure you did!
Paul : Was it a nice dinner with a cake?
My ISO : Oh yeah, you did that with your parents. Then later you came out with us.
Paul : Are you sure? Why can't I remember it?
My ISO : Because you're senile. And ... umm.. because you were passed-out drunk.
Paul : You're lying.
My ISO : Knew you would say that. I have pictures to prove it.
Paul : It could have been London.
My ISO : The 21st candle is imprinted on your forehead.

Trust my oldest friend. Glad to see that someone does remember.

Hmm. Which reminds me that I need to blackmail him for the photos.

6 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Destroy all evidence!!! lol

Bradley Hyunckel said...

heh,now we all know your true age...next year it'll be my 21st...wish that picture will come true to me,as i'll have my first time on my 21st...
what so great about being 21 YO?

Anonymous said...

hahaaa... what photo are we talking abt? hheheeee

conan_cat said...

haha! well now you ask me, i can't really remember my 21st birthday neither, which just happens to be last year, lol. okay i remember having dinner with my friends... but where? :x

William said...

I can't remember either!

Tyler said...

maybe you can help me with mine when i have in 5 years. just an idea.