Thursday, December 10, 2009

Let's Talk about Lego


Love : Baby, you put down first la.
Love #2 : You put la. You first la, honeybuns.
Love : No, you la.
Love #2 : You go first la.
Love : You first!

A nauseating tableau frequently reenacted around college campuses way before cellphones became a ubiquitous accessory. Doomed lovers separated by time and circumstance connecting through the telephone booths. And I've often been the barrier to communication as I stand there tapping my foot while aiming dagger looks. Come on, wouldn't you feel like strangling those cooing idiots?

Photo booth
Get a room dammit!

Unlike most couples who seem to be calling each other every second of the day, we don't actually spend our time exchanging lovey-dovey messages. Not even in the first flush of our romance. Don't think our conservative fellow Charming Calvin would even agree to a naughty sexting!

Just messaged this morning to apprise him of the recent state of overcrowding in my Legoville. Seems the newbies in town - and their shockingly large apartment block - have proved too much for the lil piece of real estate they're squatting on.

Paul : Wonder whether the gay couple should move to the apartment above the grocers.
Calvin : Ooh. A step down on the social ladder. You want them to start selling vegetables instead?
Paul : Just that the apartments over at the grocer's look bigger. Then again they could purchase the entire building right next to the farmer's market for their own.
Calvin : But the floor above the grocer's meant for the illegal immigrant workers.
Paul : Trust me. The apartments above the groçer's pretty glam. And no way the wealthy granddaddy who owns the building would lease it to indigent coolies.

Yes. We have the oddest conversations.

And now I have my pal Preity Posh joining me in the toy craze as she plans to build her own suburban Lego dream. Guess I'm not the only deprived kadult undergoing a second childhood.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

different ppl, different attitude towards this, lucky u guys share the same wavelength, but not for me and my ex :P

Little Dove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Dove said...

Charming Calvin and you are romantic in your own lovey-dovey way!

William said...

Is Calvin be dabbling with Technic?

Kenny Mah said...

Better than my texting with my better half:

Kenny: Eh, fin work yet?
Devil: Almost ten more minutes. Eat what tonite har?
Kenny: You decide lar.
Devil: No, you decide. I decided yesterday.
Kenny: Uhm, just go Pavilion lor.
Devil: Again??

*sighs*

Unknown said...

LOL... fantastic opening. Charming Calvin is conservative ah? But am sure you love him just the way he is right?

the viennamese said...

Oooer, second childhood. I like that idea. It should be appropriate anyhow seeing how youth is wasted on the young.
:P

Bradley Hyunckel said...

ohh come on,get calvin into your room pls...