Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I'm With Stupid

These days my mornings are spent doing ward rounds, sipping coffee - and yelling at the administrative department.

It takes a lot of tolerance to deal with sluggish administrative cretins. From the mountains of paperwork piling up their desks, you'd naturally assume that they spend their day literally bogged down by work. And you'd be wrong since each bureaucratic cretin actually assumes only one particular job. So specialized are they that they've even hired one just to keep track of an unexceptional form.

Dominic
Can you believe what happened to my parcel?

Like Admin Annie who's in charge of mail. Only. Think of her as the local postmistress for a population of 50. Since I had some work documents to mail to my colleague Baba, I dropped it at her cubicle. Seemed like an easy enough job after all.

Paul : I would like to have this letter mailed to Baba.
Admin Annie : Yes, sir.

A week later, Baba still hadn't gotten the brown paper package. Even snail mail through the savage jungles of Borneo doesn't take that long. Which got me just a little pissed this morning. So I blazed a trail to Admin Annie's cubicle to correct this serious omission.

Paul : Did you mail my letter?
Annie : What letter?
Paul : The letter I handed to you last week.
Annie : Oh yes, I mailed it to you.
Paul : You mailed a letter I gave you to myself.
Annie : Oh yes, I did.
Paul : So I got a letter stamped and mailed to myself? Did you think I'm trying to leave an incriminating trail like fucking James Bond?

Despite the fact that I started browbeating her after, the bright sincere smile never faded from Annie's face. Since at that time I was right in her face snarling threats of strangling her with package strings, I'm starting to think it's a botched Botox job on her part.

No one could be that stupid.



Could they?

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

yes. sometimes somebody out there are just STUPID for no reason.

Anonymous said...

lolll... u have nice staff!

Legolas said...

She got bewitched by your presence.

William said...

Help her write her resignation letter then ask her to mail it to you.

said...

how i wish all these stupid ppl are burn in hell~

Mr.D said...

agreed with legolas.

Cabbageboo said...

LOLs..hey look on the bright side, the STUPIDs make great funny story and they make you feel a helluva more superior