Monday, May 17, 2010

Just Say Grace

Years back I actually entered into a deal.

One of those 'If we're not married by the age of 30' kinda wedding deals. Entered sounds almost voluntary. Well, more like utterly bamboozled into the crazy pact on one of my more impressionable days. I might have been drunk when I agreed.

Graceless Grace might have been a little tipsy as well.

When she came up with such a plan, I figured that she'd be safely married by the time so I'd be able to escape scot-free. No need for complex, long-winded explanations that she's probably refute, rebutt or refuse to listen point-blank.

Paul : I'm gay.
Grace : No, you're not.
Paul Seriously, I'm gay.
Grace : And I'm telling you you're not. Come on, stop teasing and tell me what you think of this dress.

Grace is that contrary, I tell ya. And she does soo hate to be wrong.

Men
It's All About Grace

With us both past the age of 30, obviously we've gone way past the expiry date of that particular wedding pact. Since then Grace has been through a couple of failed relationships leaving her somewhat vulnerable. It's been a while since her last tortured break-up so I thought it would be safe to resume normal bilateral ties with her.

But good intentions and all that...

Paul : So what's been happening with the bloke who's into you?
Grace : Nothing much. I'm not that much into him.
Paul : Oh that's a pity. Thought you liked him.
Grace : Not as much.
Paul : He's nice, wealthy and reasonably attractive! What's not to like?
Grace : Well maybe if he was more like you.
Paul : What?!

Oh Mother of God.

Really hope it's nostalgia tinged with alcohol speaking on Grace's part. Otherwise this could be a real problem. Well, maybe if I bop her on the head with a pink elephant.

5 comments:

Janvier said...

At least now you have a solution to your baby needs, wink wink.

-JJ- 黄天龙 said...

awesome blog you have here! :))

quicksilverlining said...

bop her on the head with a giant pink dildo. that will solve the problem in one of two ways. or three, depending on how hard you bop her.

Kenny Mah said...

Haha, shades of "My Best Friend's Wedding" here - except this time, you're BOTH the dashing Dylan McDermott AND the fabulous Rupert Everett. :D

Booker said...

Am with Janvier on this. *wink-nudge-nudge-wink*