Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Death Becomes Her

Till now Nervous Nancy never fails to surprise me.

Childish altercations with Ebullient Eve aside, I do think Nancy has improved leaps and bounds in her work. Certainly far more confident and far less likely to sigh pathetically as a reply to a question. Though her wavering self-esteem seems to have gotten a welcome boost, that doesn't mean Nancy's less prone to the occasional... oddity.

Pulling a Nancy has become a catch-phrase at work!

Men
Damn. I think she pulled another Nancy!

Like her vehement opinions on burials.

Death comes often enough at work so we tend to talk about during mealtimes. We all have our own opinions when it comes to what comes after. I've heard that traditional Chinese prefer to be buried to keep all their limbs together in the afterlife. Hard to argue with faith of course.

But Nancy came up with an entirely different reason for being buried.

Paul : So you would insist on a burial?
Nancy : Yes. I think cremation hurts.
Paul : Cremation hurts?
Nancy : It burns!
Paul : You do know you'd be dead by then?
Nancy : Doesn't hurt any less.
Paul : Exactly what medical school did you go to?!

First time I've actually heard medical personnel admit that. If Nancy actually thinks cremation hurts, I seriously wonder what she thinks about post-mortems! Wouldn't a dissection knife be quite as painful?

7 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

"I think cremation hurts."

ROFL. If it weren't so vapid I'd think it's cute. :P

Cabbageboo said...

:D aweee....she's awfully cute for a doctor. Geeeeez...made me feel like I ought to study medicine, if she can, why can't I eh? lmao!

Cabbageboo said...

omfg....I need to add another comment, cos the next word verification is 'cepet'

plainjoe said...

I can't stop laughing. what an adorable doctor she is! I wonder what she thinks about preserving bodies...

Janvier said...

But it burrrrrrnzzzzz!

MrBunnyBan said...

she makes it sound like she'll be burnt alive

savante said...

Made me feel like strangling her at the time, life. But at least I laughed afterward.

Scary doc don't you think, cabbageboo?

I guess she'll imagine that you're trapped forever, plainjoe. God I'm starting to think like her.

Bet she said that in hear head, janvier and ban.

P