Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sims It Is

Ah, technology. Far from the bland, cookie-cutter Sims of yesteryear, the characters we play on Sims 3 these days can be individually customized right down to the curl of the eyelash.

Hell, you can even pick out the colour of his earring if that's what you want.

Haven't had the opportunity to pick up the game since the debut last year since I've been busy with final exams, moving to a different city and all. Fortunately Charming Calvin picked up that particular gaming slack and has been playing the game semi-regularly ever since. Even created an alternative family led by a gay couple called the Weis family.

To describe the game as being a virtual dollhouse would be oversimplifying things. My fave part of the game is obviously the Create-A-Sim bit. Tells quite a lot about a person, I think. We're all given a list of traits to pick from for our characters - but somehow we all tend to gravitate to what we know best. An ideal sim of ourselves.


Artistic
Bookworm
Ambitious
Good sense of humour
Athletic

Artistic and Bookworm is obviously self-explanatory since I couldn't possibly imagine life without art or books. Even on my Sims.

Why Ambition? Just look at the grotty lil bedsit they start with! Certainly wouldn't want my Sim character to live in a pathetic little lot forever so I figured a bit of ambition wouldn't be amiss. At least work hard enough to afford some charming wallpaper to appease his artistic tastes!

Men
Now who wouldn't want to control him!

Obviously far from Athletic myself - can't catch a ball to save my life! - but I figured I wouldn't want my Sim to turn into a lazy, disfigured schlub. Hoped the Athletic trait would at least help him run circles around tracks and randomly toss balls about. Just to give him a leg up in life, of course I made him a Daniel Wu lookalike to start with.

Though I was seriously tempted to replace the Athletic with the Evil trait.

Evil Sims love the dark, take great delight in the misfortune of others and prefer to lead a life of as far away from goodness as possible

Think I would have slid down that slippery dark path if I hadn't had a lamentable conscience of course. Stealing candy, blowing up stores and randomly running down prams. Just listen to what Eartha Kitt has to say about it.



Now I'm wondering what kinda traits Calvin picked for his Sims.

6 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Ooh, I wanna be EVIL too... ;)

William said...

His Sims would want to live in luxury apartments.

J-boy said...

love this game! so much control over the features.. like playing god hehe :)

Try the culinary career path. fun to learn new recipes and make new dishes too!

Rick Bettencourt said...

Great Eartha Kitt song...

MrBunnyBan said...

Trait: "Tai-tai"

savante said...

So do I. But have this dratted conscience, life!

Bet they would, william. And have iPhones as well :)

Will do so, J-boy. But I'll always lean towards medicine.

Pretty kewl song, rick.

Golddigger, ban!

P