Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thousand Dollar Favour

Seems things have been going well lately for my friend Beercan Boy. Certainly no more hazy, drunken nights bemoaning the loss of his once true love, especially not when he's finally made it clear that Damsel Dimwit is the girl for him.

And I'll admit the two simpletons deserve one another.

Although the disreputable in-laws might present quite a problem. Seems her shoddy old folks have a peculiar penchant of using poor Beercan Boy as an automated teller machine. Easy enough system I think. All it takes is teary eyes, a weepy spiel and two pokes to get a thousand dollars.

I'm almost tempted to do the same.

Paul : They borrowed money again?
Beercan Boy : Just a little bit.
Paul : Again? Did you recently open a moneylending institution?
Beercan Boy : No? They did return the cash they borrowed previously so I figured there's no harm.
Paul : That was after a year! So what is the money for?
Beercan Boy : Umm. Don't know.
Paul : And you didn't bother to ask? Are they paying off the moneylenders? Paying for drugs and hookers? Paying off a hitman? Buying a new chandelier for the manse?
Beercan Boy : I asked. They just didn't tell me.
Paul : They don't have friends of their own to ask from?
Beercan Boy : Umm... no?
Paul : Money given, no questions asked. Umm... can I borrow a thousand as well?

Obviously Beercan Boy found alternative employment as a benevolent Ah Long when I wasn't looking.

Song Seung Hun
Maybe if I throw in some roses they will love me!

Borrowing from your daughter's idiot boyfriend is suspect enough - but I guess I can overlook that particular social faux pas. What I can't understand is the inexplicable reluctance to explain the murky reasons behind the loan. Unless the money's being used for shockingly nefarious purposes, I don't think divulging the reasons should be a problem!

Especially when the one asking is the moneylender.

Okay, I'll readily admit that Beercan Boy's a simple fellow. But the fact that he happily accepted their flimsy excuses without pressing further leaves me speechless. Beercan's not hurting for money but he's certainly no philanthropic Bill Gates. Starting to wonder whether the boy gleefully tosses cash bonuses about the back alleys.

And why haven't I gotten any yet!

7 comments:

Legolas said...

I need 50K to renovate my new house, can you give me?

Booker said...

Fuah Legolas, very direct. I like your style. *2 thumbs up*

a.jones said...

..poor Beercan..

nicky05 said...

printing money as his job ..

Mr.D said...

some people go all the way for love and true enough simpletons like him are easily taken advantage of.

Little Dove said...

Some people are just too nice to refuse other people. Sometimes, people like these make very good friends, because they are not calculative.

Twilight Man said...

I have phobia now with people looking at me like ATM. I am in need of cash too. Paul help!