Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'll Be Home for Christmas ( or perhaps Housewarming )

I am dreamin' tonight of a place I love
Even more than I usually do
And although I know it's a long road back
I promise you

At least I had hoped I'd be home for the housewarming party!

Two weeks back after sorting out the mundane necessities for Netherfield such as the contracts, rents and bills for the estate, I figured I might as well have a little fĂȘte at home. After all, I'd already taken the time and trouble of decorating for Christmas this year so why not show it off a little?

You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents under the tree

Got that covered already. Surprisingly this year I actually have a trusted catering company at hand. Have been using their company to prepare meals for functions in the hospital before; haven't had any complaints so far. Caterers are handy folks to have around, just have them come over to serve and clean up after. Wonder whether it is a faintly troubling sign of adulthood to have a caterer on speed dial!

Unfortunately they said no when I asked for hunky, sexually available cater-waiters.

chase
Did Paul set out an obstacle race for us...

With the food settled, I only had to enjoy the company of my friends here. Only to have an unfortunate lady break her ankle barely two hours before the party which led to an unavoidable surgery.

Kat : Where you going? Our guests are arriving soon!
Paul : Going to the hospital.
Kat : But we don't have ice yet! And not enough paper plates for sure!
Paul : Let them eat cake.
Kat : But ice! I need ice!
Paul : Go get the ice first then.
Kat : But the guests are arriving soon.

A perplexing conundrum I couldn't solve since I was in a hurry. So yes, while my guests were busy chowing down on cake at the housewarming - no doubt with Kat frantically searching for ice cubes, I was at work muttering curses.


So yes, the host of the housewarming came two hours after all the guests had arrived. Didn't someone say it was fashionable to be late?

3 comments:

SynchingZincInc said...

As long the ones that matter are there at the end.

Lucifer said...

did u actually ask them if they had hunky and sexually available cater-waiters?? u really did?

savante said...

So very true, synch :)

I acually did, Lucifer. Left out the sexually available bit though.

P