Monday, February 21, 2011

No Man is an Island?

I gotta admit I've always prided myself on being self-sufficient.

Always kept my own affairs zealously private. Back in university, seems like I spend half the time foolishly sneaking around the darkened grounds for secret assignations with my ISO. So desperately closeted back then that I even feared letting my roommate know.

Though I'm pretty sure he was dead curious about what was happening.

Roommate : You're off on your Wednesday bit again?
Paul : Wednesday bit?
Roommate : Yeah, you always run off after lunch on Wednesday. Sometimes you even skip lessons.
Paul : Umm. I do, don't I?
Roommate : Where do you go actually?
Paul : My... aunt's? An old aunt? She's real I tell ya!
Roommate : Sure it isn't a secret rendezvous?
Paul : Haha. Of course not. Haha. What do you mean by that? Haha.

Seriously lame I was. I'm sure my roommate had his own guesses. But of course in time I grew a tad better at scripting believable lies.

Prodigal
Therapy is in session! Alright who's next?

With matters being so clandestine for me then, obviously I wasn't about to offer any information on my relationship to anyone. Though surprisingly I have never been short on receiving information from others. Ever since high school - like every other stereotypical gay fellow - I've been the reliable shoulder to cry on for half a dozen heartbroken / heartsick sophomores. Easier to proffer consultation when you're busy watching from the sidelines.

Even been the sounding board for a few schoolboy crushes.

So yeah, giving advice is my thing. Getting advice in return is something quite novel for me. Never really tried it actually. When your erstwhile best friend fucks up a relationship with you, you tend not to trust as easily. Much less confide in someone else.


Which is why I've ended up being my own agony aunt. Usually I tend to have one-sided conversations with myself when I need help. The proverbial Lucy van Pelt with her lemonade stand offering psychiatric consults for five cents. Entire question-and-answer sessions with only me in attendance. Can turn quite lively sometimes.

Smacks of schizophrenia, I know.

5 comments:

Robinn T said...

is giving advices that stereotypical for gay guys? peeps come to me advices all the time, for the weirdest questions. I'd never been to a date in my life, and people come to me ans ask about what to do on their first dates. WEIRD.

dheep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr.D said...

ooo it's perfectly normal, no worries, i do it all the time.

savante said...

Maybe they watch a lot of Queer Eye in the past, Tempus :)

Just hope the advice given isn't bad, D :)

P

Anonymous said...

Your blog is actually among the finest . All round impact of the website is simply marvelous .


Des Plaines locksmith
Elgin locksmith
Glenview locksmith
Highland Park locksmith
Niles locksmith
Northbrook locksmith
Schaumburg locksmith
Waukegan locksmith
Wheeling locksmith
Chicago locksmith
Downers Grove locksmith
Streamwood locksmith
Addison locksmith
Aurora locksmith
Bartlett locksmith
Bolingbrook locksmith
Carol Stream locksmith
Elmhurst locksmith
Glendale Heights locksmith
Hanover Park locksmith
Lombard locksmith
Naperville locksmith
Wheaton locksmith
Woodridge locksmith
Berwyn locksmith
Calumet City locksmith
Chicago Heights locksmith
Cicero locksmith
Harvey locksmith
Oak Lawn locksmith
Oak Park locksmith
Orland Park locksmith
Tinley Park locksmith
Joliet locksmith
Crystal Lake locksmith
Arlington Hts locksmith
Buffalo Grove locksmith
Carpentersville locksmith
Elk Grove Village locksmith
Evanston locksmith
Hoffman Estates locksmith
Mount Prospect locksmith
Mundelein locksmith
North Chicago locksmith
Palatine locksmith
Park Ridge locksmith
Skokie locksmith