Saturday, February 19, 2011

Someday My Prince Will Come?

Or maybe not.

Turns out these days princes charming are in short supply. So acute a shortage that even my sister-in-law has made a remark about it. Planning a birthday party with a theme, she decided to shop the stores for costumes. You'd think a medieval theme would be easy enough to shop for.

Sister-in-law : Damn! There are no princely costumes at all! Don't the boys wanna be princes anymore?
Paul : Not really. Tough being a prince these days.
Sister-in-law : Looks like it is. Lots of princess costumes though.
Paul : Not a surprise. In fact I think some of the boys I know would prefer to be princesses.
Sister-in-law : Damn.


The princess is gonna be waiting in peril for a long time coming.


chase
Damn. I hope she doesn't expect me to be a prince!

I guess that's what the world is coming to these days. With a dwindling number of suitors coming to save them from the metaphorical dragons, how can we blame the little princesses from turning to women's lib?

Prince : Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!
Rapunzel : Oh yes, my sweet prince!
Prince : Waitaminute, am I supposed to pay for your carriage fare after you come down from the tower?
Rapunzel : Umm. Yes? And maybe a new dress as well?
Prince : Damn. I was hoping you'd have spare change on you. Wasn't there talk of treasure in your tower?
Rapunzel : I've been locked up here in this tower for more than a decade. Why would I have a single cent?
Prince : Umm. You mean I'll have to work?


Not only don't the boys wanna dress in white armour to ride on knightly steeds, they'd much prefer to be the ones twiddling their manicured thumbs in abandoned towers waiting for the rescue. Seriously.

6 comments:

Chen Xing said...

I believe there are still some number of princes out there, and only time can tell when they will come to me.

After all, fairytale ending is what everyone is looking for.

Mr.D said...

hot pauper is in trend now i heard.

savante said...

Time we got the message across that we should all be able to rescue ourselves, chenxing. And make our own fairytales happen.

Will keep an eye out for hot paupers for sure, D :)

P

john chen said...

they're still around. and they do their bits for the first three months and then they stop going to the gym and start eating like pigs. ah, men!

J said...

I wouldn't count on the prince... Something practical maybe? A decent person, with a decent job, that has a short attention span and much love to give in the form of tacky birthday, Valentine's, Christmas and anniversary gifts??

Danny said...

a prince is just too boring la ..
prefer other character with interesting attitude ( great look n body is a plus ;p )