Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Right Guy Wrong Time

To that I gotta say bullshit.

It's not the first time I've heard of this particular excuse. Citing work commitments, family pressures, scheduling conflicts etc to deny themselves of the simple pleasure of a sweet romance. Sigh.

Felix : Well he says he won't be dating yet because the timing isn't right.
Paul : What? He needs Libra to be on the cusp? The moon to be in the right position? A divine mandate from the Temple of Heaven?
Felix : Says he doesn't have enough time.
Paul : Not enough time? I worked from 8 to 5 for five days. I had 24 hours oncalls every three days. I studied in the evenings for my exams. And I still found time to date. Quite desperately too I might add. 
Felix : But you're different!
Paul : Contrary to popular opinion, I am not a robot!

Waiting for the right time?

Is there ever a convenient time to find love?

Plainly I find that simply unreasonable. Surely if you continue to wait for the perfect opportune moment, that might never ever ever happen. Is there ever a right time? If people can fall heads-over-heels in love while fleeing for their lives right in the midst of a raging genocidal war, I see no reason why anyone else in relative peacetime can't find the time to do so.

Yes, it does take some work, some hardship, some sacrifice but I've always believed if there's a will, there's a way. Make time to fall in love.


Yes, after all even educated fleas do it.

5 comments:

澈微 said...

I think that's just an excuse. If he met the right guy, he will definitely find time. :)

Aiden said...

It's more like avoiding the entire situation I guess. Too afraid perhaps?

savante said...

Hope that's not the case haha...

Tom said...

When it's meant to be, no matter how you run or hide, it's meant to be. Maybe I sound a bit simple-minded here, but I believe it's true.

curious said...

do you want me ? lol