Thursday, May 08, 2014

Doubly Speechless

Yes, seems like it's that time of year again. Time for me to remain mute and play the mime at work. By now, I've already almost perfected the art of communicating with my nurses purely with significant head nods and hand gestures.

I've got horrid acute laryngitis again. Cue miserable days of high fever, chills and aches. And of course, utter silence apart from a few hoarse croaks. On the plus side I get to sit on a couch with hot tea and blanket watching reruns of FRIENDS.

Certainly brings me back to the days when I used to run down from my dorm room to commandeer the television rec room just to watch my favourite show. Yes I was quite the bitch. Granted there might be a few complaints initially but all the dissenters grew to like the show as well.



And all I could think of was... gosh, that little blond tyke Ben Geller would already be 19. Has it been that long?

No comments: