Saturday, June 14, 2014

Getting to Know You

Born in the same year as me, my cousin the Saintly Samaritan doesn't seem to have much of the fire and flame that the mythical dragons are supposed to be born with.

Emitting neither puff nor smoke, instead he seems to be entirely cowed by his far more dominant baby brother - and his terrifyingly oh-so-wicked matriach who has definite shades of Maleficent prior to the recent reboot. All cackling wicked witch, no beneficent forest fairy! Under the deepening shadow of these two domineering monsters, he has deformed into a hidden dragon of sorts, stealing his way into the solace of his church.

With such unbeatable odds, is it any wonder that the Samaritan finds it nigh impossible to find a Princess Charming willing to rescue him?

Though he has had his share of pretty maids in a row, he doesn't seem to be able to keep any in the tower permanently. Possibly scared off by the monsters above. Honestly I have yet to meet the same fawning inamorata twice in a row, despite the fact that I regularly visit Bangkok every couple of months. Which beggars the question : How does the Samaritan actually pick these ladies up?

Surprisingly easy it turns out.

Would you like to have a taste of my som tam? 

And no, the Samaritan doesn't look anything like the handsome, well-endowed fellow above. If he did, I wouldn't find all that female attention surprising.

What he lacks in the courage of his convictions, he obviously has in spades when it comes to sex appeal. Inconceivable but true. Though he might not have looks or wit to spare, he seems to have an indefinable charm when it comes to the ladies. Possibly the gift of some fairy godmother at his birth?

Samaritan : Yes, I am seeing a new girl. 
Paul : That was fast. Didn't I just hear about the last one six months back? 
Samaritan : Yes, this one is new. 
Paul : And where did you meet her? In the office? 
Samaritan : No, I met her in a restaurant. 
Paul : A group date you mean? 
Samaritan : No, she was a waitress and I chatted her up. 
Paul : You chatted a girl up? Successfully? 
Samaritan : Yes, I got her number. 
Paul : Wow. You might not know this but my opinion of you just went up several significant degrees. 

Obviously we do share the same genes when it comes to successful flirting. I was undeniably impressed.


Shockingly so. And even more so when he showed me her picture.

Paul : Oh, she's pretty. Is she still working then? 
Samaritan : Oh no, that was her part-time job. Now she's back in school.
Paul : What?! 
Samaritan : In school yes. 
Paul : I hope you mean post graduate school. 
Samaritan : Oh no, she's only 20. 

My jaw dropped. Apparently in Bangkok, men of my age are fucking rock stars to the giggly sophomoric co-eds. Makes me wonder if the cute Thai boys feel the same!


4 comments:

Anonymous Esq. said...

Wow. Reminded me of the tale of Casanova.

savante said...

I know! I was really impressed anon!

Booker said...

And this is precisely why I, yet another dragon, am happily single and shall remain so I presume, seeing as I was 20 some (almost) 20 years ago....

Love your blog.

Booker said...

And this is precisely why I, yet another dragon, am happily single and shall remain so I presume, seeing as I was 20 some (almost) 20 years ago....

Love your blog.